Our client company is an exciting Boston-based start-up that is developing the world's first DNA-based platform for massive digital data storage and computation. This is ground-breaking work that virtually no other companies have had the foresight to pursue. Using synthetic DNA to store data is a much more energy-efficient, cost-competitive, and secure way than traditional ways.
They received $35M in Series B funding and are looking to scale up their team. This is a great opportunity to break into a very ground-breaking field.
They are looking for a computational scientist with a background in synthetic or molecular biology to help build their DNA-based data storage and computation platform. The title of the position is Bioinformatics Programmer, where you will help design and analyze nucleic acids at the sequence level.
This is a Full-time position located in Charlestown, MA on a hybrid basis.
Required Skills & Experience
Ideally the are looking for someone with:
- PhD in biophysics, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or a related field
- Ability to design and build sequence design and analysis software tools
- Proficiency with Python and C/C++
- Familiar with cloud frameworks
- Excellent understanding of molecular or synthetic biology, with an emphasis on nucleic acid chemistry
- Understanding of NGS platforms and software
Desired Skills & Experience
- Thrilled with the prospect of building ground-breaking technology
- Loves the challenge of solving difficult cross-disciplinary problems
- Thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Collaborative attitude and a team player
- Great verbal and written communication skills
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop algorithms and pipelines to automate the design of nucleic acid sequences
- Build sequencing analysis and visualization tools to translate results into insights
- Work alongside the chemistry and analytics teams to test, model and optimize the company’s sequence codebase
- Analyze data and make recommendations to stakeholders
- Bonus eligible
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.