Brand UX Design Director
Innovate to solve the world’s most important challenges
At Honeywell Homes, we bring comfort, safety, security and wellness to millions of people all over the world. Come join us and make a difference in their lives. As announced last year Honeywell Homes is to become an independent stand-alone company, so this is a great opportunity to join a new company and build a new brand experience. We are seeking a Brand UX Design Director to lead creative direction and graphic design for a wide range of products delivered across global markets. As a member of the Homes design leadership team, the Brand UX Design Director will be responsible for the overall creative vision and graphic design language for software products (on-wall touch screens, mobile apps), web experiences, and packaging & print. This role is based in our Design Studio in Golden Valley, Minnesota – just 10 minutes from down town Minneapolis. It is a unique opportunity to come join a world-class experience design team at a great company. The Brand UX Design Director will be responsible for defining our graphic design language, driving creative leadership across design teams, and building partnerships and collaborations across the organization to deliver great work and outcomes for our customers, brand and business. At Honeywell Homes we use well-established human-centered design principles to ensure our products and services are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. We are a global team with designers and researchers around the world.
Build the framework of and bring best practices to an exciting world-class design studio.
Create brand design strategies, advanced design concepts and deliver outstanding products to market.
Challenge your creative talents and expose yourself to diverse cultures and developing markets.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Homes and Global Distribution team at Honeywell! Homes and Global Distribution is a leader in the home heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) controls and security markets, and a leading global distributor of security and fire protection products. In 2018, Honeywell will be spinning off the Homes and Global Distribution business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide the business the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution.
In this position, you will collaborate with senior business, marketing, engineering and design leaders on site and distributed globally. People who are successful in our environment have highly collaborative skills with an ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in multidisciplinary teams. As a top candidate, you will have the ability to drive vision and consensus on your projects. We value our people greatly and enable them to deliver achievable results against clear objectives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
– Defining and delivering a graphic design system for use across digital and print, including: on-wall touch screens, embedded product UI, mobile apps, web apps, digital marketing, product packaging and printed materials such as quick start guides and product inserts.
– Oversee, lead, guide and/or inspire design teams working on different products and projects.
– Build strong collaborations with brand and marketing/communications stakeholders and teams.
– Being a leader-doer, balancing design strategy and creative leadership with hands-on designing for specific projects.
– Partnering with other design leaders to advocate for the brand and user experience across all customer touchpoints and interactions.
– Working with the business strategy, product marketing, engineering and other design partners across the Homes business.
– Providing a clear and consistent voice on end-to-end brand UX design to project teams & stakeholders.
– Creating and executing user-centered designs for products and services that differentiate our brands in the marketplace around the world.
– Working with a global interdisciplinary design team to create and constantly improve customer experience, market impact and brand value.
– Model Honeywell Homes core values and behaviors.
20Lead experience design globally
20Best practice sharing
20Roadmap definition for next generation strategies
YOU MUST HAVE
– Bachelor’s degree
– 6 years of experience in digital product design, branding and graphic design related work.
– Outstanding user experience design portfolio or concepts and commercialized products.
– Strong experience and portfolio designing across different products, markets and contexts of use.
– Passion for graphic design, typography and sweating the details.
– Ability to inspire excitement and passion for greatness in others.
– Experience creating brand-defining design systems, style guides and signature elements.
– Experience with digital product design and development processes, including: wireframing, iterative prototypes, providing design assets and specifications to scrum-based software engineering teams
– Ability to convert user research findings into actionable insights and recommendations.
– Experience in design strategy, trends and how they apply to brand and product planning.
– Demonstrable talent in developing industry-leading user interface designs.
– Demonstrated experience successfully planning and executing projects, and leading design teams.
– Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
– Excellent collaboration and teamwork attitude.
– Proficient user experience design skills, e.g., customer journey map, experience diagramming, task analysis, workflow design, etc.
– Experience with observational user research, ethnography, insight and synthesis is an essential requirement for the role.
– Experience with design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation.
– Experience with project planning, scoping and execution in a phase-gate and/or agile environment Exempt How Honeywell is Connecting the WorldINCLUDES
– Continued Professional Development
– ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
– Job ID: HRD32358
– Category: Engineering
– Location: 1985 Douglas Drive North, Golden Valley, MN 55422 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.