ABOUT THE ROLE
Revolut is seeking an experienced Senior BSA AML Officer to sit in our San Francisco office to ensure that the Compliance, Conduct, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering Control Frameworks of Revolut are fully integrated and operating effectively against money laundering and relevant regulations.
This position is critical to support the growth of Revolut’s business and will be the focal point for all activity within Revolut relating to anti-money laundering in the US. This role will require development and maintenance of Revolut US compliance strategies and relevant policies and ensure their rigorous implementation across all functions within the business, while guaranteeing sustained regulatory compliance.
The Senior BSA AML Officer will have the level of authority, independence and support to properly carry out his or her responsibilities in connection with our Compliance Program, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Payment Services Directives.
At Revolut we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to design, lead and shape the future of oversight and compliance.
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high-levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment. This role will drive implementation of compliance control as highlighted in the AML and Compliance Risk Assessments and include a broad set of cross-functional responsibilities to ensure that all personnel are properly trained, processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Defining, developing, managing, refining and documenting the Financial Crime and AML Program to manage all sources of regulatory risk and provide reporting
Working closely with the US Leadership team and other senior managers across the business to identify, assess, update and mitigate the regulatory compliance risks posed to Revolut US and determining the priorities and resources required to effectively control them
Reporting quarterly to the Executive Risk Committee on the regulatory risks posed, the mitigating action taken and whether adequate resources have been applied
Determining identification and verification standards for customer take-on and AML compliance by:
Managing the suspicious activity reporting process;
Communicating with all necessary staff to ensure they understand their responsibilities and are trained in Revolut policies and procedures to:
Identify financial crime;
Escalate suspicious activity by making internal reports;
Make external reports as needed
Assisting with responses to enquiries from law enforcement agencies and partner banks
Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the financial crime and AML risk framework for managing key regulatory risks across the firm, ensuring that all processes are fit for purpose
The BSA AML Officer will also provide support to the business where necessary regarding the launch of products to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as appropriate.
Work cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
Collaborating with internal Compliance teams (such as Financial Crime, Compliance Operations, Risk & Controls) to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate those regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
Partnering with Product Owners to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED
– 10+ years of experience in senior compliance roles within a regulated financial services firm
– 5+ years managing a regulated financial institution FIU and acting in a BSA Compliance Officer capacity or as a Deputy
– Deep knowledge and experience with the US Patriot Act, BSA Act and the FFIEC AML manual
– Direct working experience with FinCEN and national and local law enforcement agencies
– Knowledge and experience of best practice in financial services regulation, fraud detection methodologies, and emerging practice in financial crime and money laundering typologies
– Experience in creation and development of key FinCrime policies including AML/CTF, Sanctions, Transaction Monitoring, Customer Due Diligence, High Risk Businesses, Fraud Prevention & Detection
– Good communicator with the ability to motivate others
– Experience in team management and a high level of written and oral communication skills, as well as a strong knowledge of key regulatory issues and control assessment processes
– Ability to exercise oversight, knowledge and understanding of financial crime and AML policies, procedures and control arrangements in a complex financial operation
– Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution
– Deep knowledge of the US regulatory environment and key financial crime typologies
A little about us
When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
What we’re looking for
Revolut is being scaled up by people all around the world who share our vision. We’re looking for people who align with our four core values: we Never Settle, we Get It Done because we Think Deeper and we’re Stronger Together. You’re the kind of person who wants to join a community of forward-thinking people, all personally and professionally invested in Revolut’s mission. You thrive in a collaborative space where everyone’s learning from each other, and learning fast. We believe in empowering our Revoluters in their work, giving them autonomy and ownership of what they do. We want everyone at Revolut to own their story and their successes – working with us means you’re not just another cog in the machine.
– Competitive salary
– Biannual equity bonuses
– All the latest tech you need
– Skip the commute and work from home once a week
– Roll with a free Revolut Metal subscription
Please only submit an application for one posting.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.