Business Analyst Job in St. Louis, MO | RefinitivLinkedInFacebook
– Financial products
– Risk products
– Inside Financial & Risk Blog
– > Business Analyst – St. Louis, MO
Join Our Talent Network
Thomson Reuters Technology Development 12/12/2018 4:06:25 PM St. Louis, MO United States of America
As a Digital Business and Technology Team Business Analyst you will provide a vital function bridging the gap between business and technology. In partnership with your Product Owner(s), Stakeholders and other Subject Matter Experts, you will analyze complex business problems and processes in order to refine, and bring to a ready state, user stories that drive value for the business With a solid focus on Data and Analytics applications and platforms, you will have been exposed to technologies such as Cloud datawarehousing, Oracle, Informatica, SAP Business Objects and/or SAP Analytics Cloud, MS Power BI, or similar.
In formulating solution options, you will use your business analysis experience to facilitate discussion across a wider technology team including architects, user experience consultants, development and quality assurance engineers. That team may consist of internal or external people, potentially working in a variety of global locations and timezones.
You will need to have strong empathy with customer’s needs, be able to negotiate and challenge, have great analytical and problem-solving skills, use business analysis techniques effectively and be able to present your ideas convincingly to senior stakeholders. You will have also been exposed to working in an agile environment.
Digital & Business Technology
Digital and Business Technology (D & BT) designs, delivers and supports the digital and technology solutions that enables Refinitiv’s full business lifecycle. This spans capabilities from lead generation through to revenue, including all associated corporate back office functions for example Human Resource and Finance.
We deliver capabilities that are tightly integrated with our propositions and products, offering a consistent and personalized experience for our customers. Our guiding principles include: rationalize applications and provide standard support solutions; handle development and delivery of managed service providers; focus on migrating to Cloud and SaaS solutions; use an agile approach to speed delivery of the right solution; and strive to provide an excellent customer experience with tight alignment to customer proposition.
Major Areas of Responsibility
– Works closely with Product Owners and Stakeholders to negotiate the most impactful Minimum Viable Product (MVP), seeking excellent value whilst avoiding dependencies, impediments or technical challenges as far as possible
– Demonstrates fantastic skill at eliciting and assessing true customer needs, outcomes, and value, always challenging questionable scope
– Uses business analysis techniques, tools and templates to great effect during the course of an assigned project
– Develops and maintains a good relationship with Product Owner, stakeholders and team members.
– Remain current with company news, policies, products and culture. Keep mandatory training up to date.
– Collaborate with team gathering, feedback on proposed designs and models, and acceptance testing
– Craft detailed functional designs and process flow, using Agile methodologies and tools; story writing and validation including conditions of satisfaction
– Take ownership of the delivery of features and capabilities throughout the development process
– Develop and maintain technical knowledge of integration services for Corporate, cloud applications and business processes.
– Coordination with multiple workstream leads that may be dependent on integration points for various data owners to capture full requirements
– Responsible for application integration requirements from the business users and data owners.
– Analyze, map data exchange and define workflows between applications that are current and future software solutions.
– Demonstrable experience as a business analyst, having worked on a variety of projects
– Solid experience in business analysis techniques, such as collecting requirements, modeling processes, and refining user stories
– Experience of solutions involving technologies like Informatica, Hadoop, Tableau, will be critical to the role.
– Experience with Application Development projects
– Solve issues with data transfer and internal integration platforms using a combination of XML, SQL and FTP
– Design and execute system integration test plans
– Solid experience in end-to-end business processes
– Strong stakeholder management, with confidence to challenge preconceptions of outcomes and solutions.
– Good communication and facilitation skills, ideally running workshops
– Good communication, presentation and customer engagement skills
– A deep understanding of software development lifecycles and methodologies
– Good familiarity with project management and architecture disciplines
– Proficient with business analysis tools and Microsoft Office products
– Experience with SQL
– Working knowledge of XML, FTP, ETL, API and Web Services
– Experience with enterprise applications such as Salesforce, SAP,
– Experience using Agile methodologies such as Scrum and/or Kanban
– Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent experience
– Certification in Business Analysis, by a recognisable institution, is a plus
– Training in software development lifecycle or methodologies
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and contentall supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the worldregardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America
Req #: JREQ******
Locations: St. Louis-Missouri-United States of America
Job Function: Technology Development
Link for schema
– Supply chain transparency
– Privacy statement
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.