A Business Analyst is responsible for understanding the business needs of clients, performing detailed requirement analysis, and developing business & system requirements to address those needs, as well as serving as a liaison between the customer and IT.
The requirements produced should be of sufficient depth and clarity to allow software & IT solutions to be efficiently created to fully address the clients needs.
A Senior Business Analyst elicits requirements even when the user does not know quite what they need, drives process improvements, mentors other Business Analysts, trains the customer(s), and works across the internal & external enterprise, including on more complex tasks.
* Analyzes and develops requirements for new systems and for enhancements to existing systems.
* Evaluates business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and using analytical skills to gather, document and optimize the requirements, making use of templates.
* Meets with clients, internal business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), operations analysts, and/or members of the development team to gather, define and document system requirements.
* Negotiates for positive outcomes when conflicting opinions arise surrounding requirements or process.
* Works effectively in waterfall, agile, or hybrid environments, making good use of documents, spreadsheets, PowerPoints, use cases, story boards, process flows, wire-framing, etc.
* Effectively communicates requirements insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
* Ensures solutions meet business needs and requirements, including the needs for test.
* Manages competing daily priorities.
* Provides requirements support during the Design, Development, Testing, & Production phases of a project.
* Can effectively translate the business needs to technical team members
* Provides estimates for time needed to complete the BA project work and tracks time appropriately.
* May be called upon to create project documentation outside of bare requirements, based upon project needs (e.g. use cases, system flows, data models and training documents).
* In addition, a Business Analyst must be able to:
* Sort the needs from the wants on projects
* Document requirements in a readable, yet usable format
* Reduce requirement maintenance time by using effective analysis techniques
* Work effectively with the development team as they explore the requirements
* Ensure that testing aligns with the original intention of the requirement
* Help a set of users through the process of user acceptance testing
* Works under general supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment.
* Follows defined processes for Requirements and Analysis work.
* Minimum of BA/BS with 3-5 years experience or equivalent, demonstrable, work experience
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Visio, etc.
* Requirements traceability experience
_Employer is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law._
In addition, Employer will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact ****************************. [/****************************]_
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.