Business Analyst Jobs in Ottawa, Ontario – Procom
Back to search results | Start a new search
See other jobs at this company Learn More about Procom Print Save Email
The Senior Business Analyst works as a liaison between the business community and technical community in the development of reporting solutions that support the business. The Senior Business Analyst works with the business to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems are developed.
The Senior Business Analyst is able to assess processes and information streams and is proficient in the utilization of the appropriate tools, models and techniques as part of the requirements gathering process. The Analyst is responsible for ensuring that the reporting and analytics solutions that are designed and developed are in line with the future state of reporting at the Client and reflect best practices.
– Demonstrated experience in delivering Information Management solutions, including knowledge of data management and content management concepts
– Post-secondary education or equivalent experience;
– Experience in creating and maintaining project documentation, including business requirements documents and use cases;
– Experience in identifying, documenting, and validating reporting requirements.
Preference will be given to candidates with knowledge, skills and experience in the following areas:
– BA Certification such as Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP);
– Experience working in complex project environments: multiple stakeholders, multiple project streams, competing priorities, Agile fast-paced development approach;
– Experience working in complex technical environments: multiple data sources; multiple data marts; integration of legacy and future state data;
– Experience working in an Agile software development life cycle team environment;
– Demonstrate analysis skills as a solution provider in gathering and writing requirements:
– analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverage and extend business applications and services;
– creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client’s functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques. Consider multiple options, analyze alternatives, and select the one that best supports the business need and technical reality;
– Play a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs;
– a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements;
– Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution;
– Deliver clear, complete and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is useable for the technical project members to deliver the solution.
– Conduct planning and change management activities:
– Coordinate, plan and manage project-level deliverables by determining the best approach to use for gathering, validating and prioritizing requirements based on the nature of the project, risks and complexity;
– Identify and resolve any issues created by changing requirements;
– Execute requirements management activities while remaining flexible to changing requirements and project deadlines.
– Promote the Clients reporting and business analytics best practices
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Excellent investigative and analytical skills;
– Strong interpersonal and listening skills;
– Strong problem-solving skills;
– Ability to adapt quickly, to multi-task and to work under tight deadlines;
– Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions;
– Ability to communicate orally and in written form with both business and technical audiences;
– Ability to present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders;
– Experience working on IT projects and in a team environment;
– Solid understanding and experience with business analytics development methodologies and technologies;
– Experience in identifying and documenting business analytics and BI reporting requirements, including OLAP and self-service reporting.
For 35 years, Procom has been pushing the envelope in North American IT staffing solutions. Driven by a senior management team of seasoned recruitment professionals, we have offices in 14 locations in the US and Canada and service all major IT markets.
When we started out in 1978, tech jobs were just being integrated into the workplace. We have been a part of shaping the landscape of IT in Canada ever since, placing IT consultants in major businesses in all sectors, including banking, telecommunications, and retail.
Through all the peaks and valleys of the IT industry, we have consistently done one thing: helping IT professionals discover the next chapter in their career.
This job was successfully e-mailed. An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later.
E-mail this job to a friend. Or yourself! Error. Please check that the e-mails are valid.
From (your e-mail)
To (recipient’s e-mail)
Login to save this job to your account.
Login is currently unavailable while we perform necessary maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
You’ve Successfully Saved:
Sign in Successful!
Your note has been saved successfully.
View My Saved Jobs
Your registration is out of date, you need to update your challenge questions to continue. Click here to update your questions.
Verify your identity to proceed. Click here to verify
Email Address or Password is Invalid
New user? Register here
Automatically sign me in next time.
Thanks for your patience – we’ll be done shortly.
Submit your email address to begin the application process for the Business Analyst job
* Email Address:
Email is invalid Email address is needed
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.