As Project Business Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and documenting the business needs of their clients and stakeholders and helping to determine feasible solutions to meet business needs or resolve business problems. This position will give you the opportunity to grow to become an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand and direction in the business community
This role is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Capture business problems, value drivers, and functional/non-functional requirements and translate into functionality.
• Assess the risks, feasibility, opportunities, and business impact.
• Assess and model processes, data flows, and technology to understand the current value and issues, and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Create / update clear documentation of requirements to align with the solution over the project life cycle.
• Ensure traceability of requirements from business needs through testing and scope changes, to final solution.
• Interact with software suppliers, designers and developers to understand software limitations, deliver elements of system and database design, and ensure that business requirements and use cases are handled.
• Configure and document software and processes, using agreed standards and tools.
• Create acceptance criteria and validate that solutions meet business needs, through defining and coordinating testing.
• Create and present compelling business cases to justify solution value and establish approval, funding and prioritization.
• Initiate, plan, execute, monitor, and control Business Analysis activities on projects within agreed parameters of cost, time and quality.
• Lead stakeholder management activities and large design sessions. Lead teams to complete business analysis on projects.
• Configure and document software and processes.
• Define and coordinate testing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 4 – 7 yrs. of experience in IT. 5-7 years of Business Analysis experience is a must
• Agile project experience. Understand Agile frameworks and tools.
• Educated stakeholders including Product Owners and Business partners in Agile ways of working.
• Understand systems engineering concepts, data/process analysis and modeling, products & solutions.
• Experience in Digital Twin.
• Agile certifications/trainings preferred.
• CBAP (Certified Business Analysis Professional) or PMI-PBA certification preferred.
• Lean Practitioner training and experience are an asset.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Business Analysis
- Requirements Analysis
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.