Zurich is currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to work out of our North American headquarters in Schaumburg, IL supporting a portfolio of commercial and underwriting insurance applications as part of the Core Platform Modernization team within Information Technology Services.
This individual will work within an agile environment to translate business requirements into functional specifications related to projects, enhancements and compliance needs supporting the design, construction and implementation, and production of application changes. The ideal candidate will be an individual that is an energetic and a skilled professional, requiring minimal supervision, can lead others, and will serve as the liaison between the Business and IT.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Lead analysis of business requirements and translate them into user stories and acceptance criteria
- Coordinate and lead activities with product owners and subject matter experts to gather requirements
- Document detailed functional and non-functional requirements
- Conduct research to aid in triaging and prioritization of business requests
- Collaborate with Project Managers to build the business case, define the project scope, and develop a high-level implementation plan
- Use requirements management tools and techniques such as Design Mock-ups Use Cases, Data Matrix, Process Flow Diagrams, JIRA, ServiceNow, etc.
- Support development, testing, implementation and training activities, including performing quality checks on project deliverables and creation of application job aids
- Support monthly releases including change management and defects
- Understand and apply Sprint delivery approaches (i.e., Agile methodology, Scrum) and perform, independently, business analysis processes in accordance with Zurich Project management framework and the Zurich risk policy
- Provide subject matter expertise to others in the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Computer Science or Engineering and 5 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
- High School Diploma or Equivalent and 8 or more years of experience in the Information Technology area
- Experience with process modeling tools
- Insurance application system design/analysis experience
- Experience with use case development
- Knowledge of insurance industry business processes
- Experience with Agile methodology and development lifecycle
- Experience with UW Applications such as Guidewire UW Management and/or PolicyCenter
- Experience with Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools/techniques
- Process reengineering; LEAN/Six Sigma experience
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) concepts and technology
- Experience with data query tools to perform data analysis and validation
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Strong consultative project experience with stakeholders preferred
- Experience with collaborating across many teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
As a condition of employment at Zurich, employees must adhere to our COVID-related health and safety protocols (https://www.zurichna.com/careers/faq), including, without limitation, a requirement that employees attest as to their vaccination status with a YES/NO, and upload proof of vaccination status, or negative COVID test results when allowable, to a third-party vendor. These are continuously re-evaluated and the requirements may change at any time.
A future with Zurich. What can go right when you apply at Zurich?
Now is the time to move forward and make a difference. At Zurich, we want you to share your unique perspectives, experiences and ideas so we can grow and drive sustainable change together. As part of a leading global organization, Zurich North America has over 150 years of experience managing risk and supporting resilience. Today, Zurich North America is a leading provider of commercial property-casualty insurance solutions and a wide range of risk management products and services for businesses and individuals. We serve more than 25 industries, from agriculture to technology, and we insure 90% of the Fortune 500®. Our growth strategy is not limited to our business. As an employer, we strive to provide ongoing career development opportunities, and we foster an environment where voices are diverse, behaviors are inclusive, actions drive equity, and our people feel a sense of belonging. Be a part of the next evolution of the insurance industry. Join us in building a brighter future for our colleagues, our customers and the communities we serve. Zurich maintains a comprehensive employee benefits package for employees as well as eligible dependents and competitive compensation. Please click here to learn more.
As a global company, Zurich recognizes the diversity of our workforce as an asset. We recruit talented people from a variety of backgrounds with unique perspectives that are truly welcome here. Taken together, diversity and inclusion bring us closer to our common goal: exceeding our customers’ expectations. Zurich does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. EOE disability/vet
Zurich does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resume will become the property of Zurich American Insurance. If you are a preferred vendor, please use our Recruiting Agency Portal for resume submission.
Location(s): AM – Schaumburg
Remote Working: No
Schedule: Full Time
Linkedin Recruiter Tag: #LI-DR1
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.