The Pharmacy Markets, Products, Analytics and Strategies team is a critical area within Blue Shield Pharmacy Services to provide Product and Market strategies to support affordability and quality objectives. With the team, the Strategic Consultative Analytics area drive consultative analytics to facilitate strategy decision and opportunity identification for critical pharmacy road map initiatives. The Principal Business Analyst, Strategic Consultative Analytics will report to the Sr. Manager, Strategic Consultative Analytics. In this role you will be a key contributor in implementing an end-to-end rebate program, working and collaborating cross-functionally with key stakeholders across Blue Shield to define data transfer requirements, data validation, reporting requirements, financial system set up, dashboard development to assess and monitor performance for the medical and pharmacy benefit.
In this role, you will:
- Provide highly complex analytical support through the analysis and interpretation of data in support of cross-functional business operations
- Lead the development of annual operating plans, capital budgets and forecasts, and builds business cases for new business initiatives (cost/benefit analysis)
- Develop, prepare and analyze reports with highly complex analyzes and data for management review, and presents to various levels of management
- Define business requirements and provides analysis to increase operational efficiency
- Analyze actual results against plan and forecast and recommends interventions where appropriate
At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in , Join us!
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires at least 4 years of experience in pharmacy benefit management or managed health plan operational experience
- Proficient data analytic skills with Business Objects, Microsoft Office (e.g. Access and Excel) required. Other data analytic experience is preferred (e.g. SQL, SAS, Tableau).
- Demonstrated ability to work with pharmacy and medical claims data, manufacturer rebate data, and familiar with pharmacy data parameters available for analysis. Prior experience and demonstrated ability to work with large datasets required.
- Prior experience in medical and pharmacy benefit management strategies, contracting and pricing analytics and demonstrated ability to interpret health plan benefit utilization and financial data is preferred.
- Prior experience in working with drug manufacturers, contracting and rebate strategies to drive the lowest net cost.
- Possesses strong business acumen with proven experience in thinking strategically required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret analytic results and provide recommendations to leadership team required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with other functional departments within a health plan is required.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written skills with ability to convey and understand complex ideas.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Exhibits "can do" attitude and solution-oriented approach to resolve challenges preferred.
- Able to work independently with minimum direction or supervision required.
- Possesses strong collaboration and partnership skills in a matrixed work environment preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to manage challenging situations in a positive and constructive manner.
- Produces accurate work under tight deadlines
The pay range for this role is: $114,400.00 to $171,600.00for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.