Regulatory professional that will represent the operating companies regarding issues related to revenue requirements, jurisdictional cost-of-service, class cost-of-service, rate design and tariffs. The successful candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills, the ability to synthesize information to reach conclusions, be intellectually curious with a drive to learn, collaborate well with others and may be required to be an expert witness in proceedings before state and federal regulatory agencies. A successful applicant will be able to perform both as an expert individual contributor and as a team/project leader to resolve regulatory issues.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Develops direct and rebuttal testimony, responds to discovery requests, responds to Commission audits, acts as a witness and supports the preparation of other witnesses.
- Leads organizational unit activities related to specific, unique and/or highly specialized areas of regulatory practice.
- Promotes professionalism and standards, influences the direction of thinking through the organizational unit as a recognized authority.
- Operates with little or no supervision in a complex environment.
- Expert level knowledge of complex regulatory matters for issues related to revenue requirements, cost-of-service, rate design, tariffs, accounting, and current legislative and regulatory policy issues impacting electric utilities.
- Develops, implements, and leads projects and process work by establishing measurable goals, objectives and requirements.
- Participate in strategic initiatives related to areas of expertise.
- Addresses company system-wide issues within specialized field of expertise; and reviews planned work of others.
- Anticipates, identifies, clarifies, resolves and initiates solutions to internal and/or external unique and specialized problems that sometimes involve analysis of inadequate or conflicting data.
- Leads in preparation and presentation of complex regulatory subjects and strategies in a clear, concise and effective manner to management and/or regulatory bodies.
- Make complex decisions based on calculated risk and be held accountable for these complex decisions.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the impact of decisions on other organizational units internal and external of the company.
- Possess expert knowledge to defend decisions that are made in the interest of the company.
- Demonstrate the ability to extrapolate beyond known facts to reach a logical conclusion.
- Participate and/or lead in the use and development of moderately complex analytical tools to support regulatory planning and regulatory filings, including development, creation, and modification of regulatory revenue requirement models.
- Participate in determination total company revenue requirements, rate base and operating income while considering regulatory jurisdiction variables.
- Proficiently utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide operating company analyses and actionable recommendations for regulatory planning and regulatory filings.
- Manage the analysis of certain financial data involving variables such as total company data, data related to a specific jurisdiction, or data related to a specific investment or expense such as to assist with both actual versus budget comparison, as well as earnings versus amounts approved in rate filings.
- Consult with others to understand, identify, prioritize and develop actionable recommendations.
- Develop and present analysis and solutions that support strategic initiatives.
Regulatory Consultant Senior (Business Analyst Senior):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND 4 years relative field, operations or analytical experience OR Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university AND 8 years relative field, operations or analytical experience OR High School diploma or GED AND 10 years relative field, operations or analytical experience.
Regulatory Consultant Principal (Business Analyst Principal):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university AND 6years relative field, operations or analytical experience OR Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university AND 10 years relative field, operations or analytical experience OR High School diploma or GED AND 12 years relative field, operations or analytical experience.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Professional Engineer, or similar certification/licensure is preferred.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets is required.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills, including the ability to articulate strategy and provide guidance to management and witnesses on case, are required.
- Must possess analytical problem-solving skills.
- Required to work mandatory” on-call” requirements over weekends, holidays, vacations, etc. as necessary to meet regulatory requirements, including filing dates required by the Company or as imposed by an applicable regulatory Commission.
- Occasional travel will be required, such as: to attend or testify at hearings, to support witnesses at hearings, to participate in Commission Staff and/or stakeholder meetings/events, to advocate the Company’s position in various federal, regional, or state venues, to attend training, etc.
Physical demand level is Sedentary
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.