Business Consultant – Jr-Mid Business Analyst
We're a global company of owners. 90,000 members strong, we bring our diverse backgrounds and perspectives together to solve some of IT and business consulting's toughest problems for some of the world's best companies. Looking for a place that empowers you to explore your full potential and shape your own career? Join a team of great people, collaborate on meaningful work, and serve the communities you call home while you do it.
Future duties and responsibilities
The Business Analyst will be responsible for learning and understanding the needs of the business and serving as a liaison between business and information technology teams. Working directly with senior leadership, this person will be responsible for helping to lead projects from initial concept to final implementation and managing ongoing support. You will work in one of the most significant and highly visible teams, which gives you an opportunity to make a statement across multiple levels with your efforts.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Assess current state applications/tools and processes
• Assess information for desired future state
• Guide strategic and detailed discussions with technical and business team members to develop
• Create features and detailed user stories – capture the need of the business (solution agnostic) along
with functional details to satisfy the need of the business
• Create mock-ups and supporting functional documentation
• Create Process Maps and Workflows to document current and desired future state processes
• Review requirements and functional details with the project team
• Experience working as Business Systems Analyst.
• Business process management and modeling.
• Requirements definition and management.
• Detail oriented
• Review deliverables and ensure the proper level of detail is provided.
• Ensure deliverable content is clear and accurate.
• Problem solving and/or analytical thinking.
• Able to assess information and derive requirements
• Remove ambiguity
• Decision Making and Influence
• Handle changes and unknowns
• Don't let change delay the top priorities / current target. Keep driving execution.
• Analyze and review the potential impact of change to make the best decision possible.
• Escalate and review change with other members of the project team.
• Engage with users
• If something isn't clear, ask and get more detail.
• Ensure the users are being heard when they provide feedback.
• Address Problems head on. Communicate and escalate as early as possible
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to simplify & standardize complex concepts and/or processes.
• Possess ability to manage workload, manage multiple priorities, and manage conflicts with
customers/employees/managers, as applicable.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come with building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
-Competitive base salaries
-Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
-401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
-Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
-Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-country emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
-Back-up childcare, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $49,800 – $89,700
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Modelling
- Requirements Analysis
- Test Case / Script Development
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.