Business Data Analyst
Join this dynamic organization as a Business Data analyst! With your expertise, you will work with an impactful team to consult and develop solutions for a major client. You will support and get along with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge. You should have sufficient knowledge and maturity to optimally deal with business needs and technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Interacting with business and IT teams of various application to understand their data, database and flow within the systems
• Analyzing the application DB to identify the relations, foreign keys, constraints based on scope provided by application team
• Work with DBA and Data Modeller to design new in-scope data model for every application to be used by Optimum to archive and purge the data
• Should coordinate and work with all stakeholders such as App team, DBA, Business, Legal others to come to common grounds for crafting a working model for every app.
• Should be open to learn new tools and technologies and also shift within project needs.
• Complete work following Agile development methodology and concepts
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Expertise in SQL writing and Data Analysis
• Expertise in understanding RI, constraints, data relation and flow
• 4-5 years of experience in several types of databases – DB2 (LUW/Mainframe), Oracle, PostgreSQL, Hadoop others
• Experience in analyzing the database and coming up with solution design per business and application needs
• Expertise in presenting with DBA, understanding all DBA terminologies and working closely with them.
• Experience in testing, debugging and solution crafting
• Experience in requirement gathering
• Experience with production environment handling
• Experience in solely handling client business calls and collecting requirements and working with client DBAs.
Bachelor's degree in related field.
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Business Analysis
- Data Analysis
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.