Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Business Intelligence
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name): : United States
We’re seeking a talented Business Intelligence engineer with expertise and passion in working with large data sets, data visualization, building complex data curation processes, and performance tuning – experience bringing data from disparate data stores and programmatically identify patterns are all big pluses. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has culture of data-driven decision-making, and demands business intelligence of that is timely, accurate, and actionable. If this gets you stoked, database services organization is a unique place where you your work will have an immediate influence on day-to-day decision making.
In Amazon Web Services (AWS), our mission is to provide customers with best in class data services in the cloud to store, query and analyze the enormous data sets that their businesses generate. We build distributed storage, index and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, but still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives where an engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact. Each service changed the course of database history by bringing new and innovative features to our customers.
As an Business Intelligence you will be working in set of disparate storage systems and complex data warehouse environments. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management, and business use of extremely large datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build data sets that answer those questions. You should be expert at designing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to flow data from disparate storage systems into centralized data store and into end-user facing applications. You should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing reporting solutions. Above all you should be passionate about working with large data sets and someone who loves to bring both structured and unstructured datasets together to answer business questions and drive change. You will provide guidance and support for other engineers with industry best practices and direction.
– Design, implement and support a system that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
– Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
– Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete insightful solutions
– Tune application and query performance using profiling tools and SQL
– Partner/Collaborate across teams/roles to deliver results.
– Be responsible for overall reporting models, schedules, reliability, and performance.
– Mentor other engineers, define the technical culture, and help grow the team.
We are looking for Business Intelligence engineer who has a passion for data and a passion for supplying their clients with that data. You know and love working with analytic tools, can write excellent SQL and Unix scripts and can use your technical skills and creative approaches to solve some unique problems in the BI space, can partner with customers to answer key business questions, and you are an advocate for your customers and you have a sense of ownership. You don’t quit. You should also have the following skills or experiences:
– Excellent knowledge of SQL and Unix
– Excellent Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
– Experience in ETL and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
– Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
– Experience in gathering requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
– Excellent knowledge of OLAP/OLTP concepts
– Familiarity with columnar databases like Redshift, Vertica etc
– Exposure to BI applications performance tuning , experience working with large volume of data
– Experienced working in a fast-paced, high-tech environment (preferably software development) and comfortable navigating conflicting priorities and ambiguous problems
– Strong track record in converting data analysis into tangible and significant real-world changes
– Experience with data visualization tools such as QuickSight,Tableau
– Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.