CAE is a global leader in training for the civil aviation, defence and security, and healthcare markets. Backed by a 70-year record of industry firsts, we continue to help define global training standards with our innovative virtual-to-live training solutions to make flying safer, maintain defence force readiness and enhance patient safety. We have the broadest global presence in the industry, with 8,000 employees, 160 sites and training locations in over 35 countries. Each year, we train more than 120,000 civil and defence crewmembers and thousands of healthcare professionals worldwide. ***********
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
Role and Responsibilities
POSITION REQUIREMENTS SUMMARY:
We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst that demonstrates the ability to analyze large amounts of data to determine market and business trends, to communicate the appropriate information to enable leadership to make the most informed decisions that drive increased revenue, sales and operating efficiency, and profits. They will be expected to review, validate, and add insight into created data views, reports, extracts, and visualizations within a healthcare environment. This person needs the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and be able to work independently and as part of a team. Specifically, this professional will partner with the FP & A Manager, the FP & A Team, Sales and Marketing teams. This role will also support ad hoc decision support projects as identified by the FP & A Manager and/or the leadership team.
– Review and validate data as it is collected and being utilized for reporting and decision making.
– Develop policies and procedures for the collection of data analysis.
– Partner with FP & A, sales, and management to define requirements and deliver needed data/analytics all while ensuring one source of the truth.
– Offer and implement new data analysis methodologies.
– Perform data profiling to identify and understand anomalies.
– Establish and maintain periodic (monthly) cadence with department heads / Executive Team to review monthly performance & recommend remediation
– Support Strategic planning process
– Create and support reporting needs for Finance, Strategic Planning, Sales, and Leadership focus
– Provide analytic support to the Finance Department and other departments to enable business decision making.
– Establish KPIs and other operating metrics to evaluation business performance.
– This position will interact closely with the sales, management team, in addition to close interaction to the Finance Department.
– This position will interact closely with other department leads
– This position will report directly to the FP & A Manager.
– Bachelors degree in finance, business management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science, or similar field.
– Minimum 5 years experience within a data analysis environment.
– Technical Skills: The ability to mine complex computer programs and data sources to look for insights and trends.
– Analytical Skills are crucial to succeed, along with the ability to determine what data trends mean and how they should be articulated to the company and/or managers.
– Have excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, a proven ability to build relationships, and good business acumen.
– Strong problem-solving skills as this person will need the ability to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss
– Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail are critical as the Analyst will often face shifting priorities on multiple assignments.
– Ability to multi-task and meet constant deadlines.
– Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
– Mastery of Microsoft Excel, with proven expert level modeling skills.
– Excellent PowerPoint skills.
– Must be inquisitive and solve problems creatively.
– Strong strategic thinking skills.
– Strong working knowledge in an ERP system, example Deltek, Salesforce, or other similar systems.
– MBA designation is a plus.
– Manufacturing and Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
– Complies with and enforces all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures both at CAE Healthcare and wherever representing CAE Healthcare (i.e., program site, trade show, etc.).
– Perform all duties in compliance with legal and ethical standards.
– Maintain security of all proprietary information.
– Perform other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
– Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment.
– Ability to speak to and hear employees via phone and in person.
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
FLSA STATUS: Full Time, Regular, Exempt
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CAE is firmly committed to ensuring a positive and professional working environment in which all people are treated with dignity and respect. We aim to provide a fair and consistent method for filling job openings in support of equality of opportunity and cultural diversity within the company.
The masculine gender is used throughout this job description solely to make the text easier to read and therefore applies to both men and women.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.