Business Intelligence Developer
Technical Project Manager
– Responsible for administrating and developing BlueLine Rental Tableau implementation.
– Work closely with our Financial Planning & Analysis group, as well as other departments, in providing effective reporting for BlueLine Rental to manage its business.
– Partner with a growing team of internal developers, as well as external firm(s), to meet business needs.
– Designing, coding, testing and documenting all new or modified BI systems, applications and programs.
– Translate business requirements into the design and implementation of features and functionality required to deliver the required results.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Designing and developing complex data models and queries.
– Designing and developing complex reports in Tableau and Cognos.
– Experience in ETL/OLAP development and Data Warehousing.
– Designing and developing metadata models in Framework Manager that abides by industry best practices.
– Ability to build reports based on MDX Sources like TM1, Transformer Cubes, SSAS Cubes, etc.
– History of successful enterprise level implementations of BI applications.
– Ability to identify critical application integration issues and recommend solutions.
– Ability to provide technical recommendations for performance issues including: application integration optimization, platform hardware analysis, architecture optimization techniques and performance troubleshooting techniques.
– Deliver stable, tested, customer-ready solutions which exceed client expectations.
– Experience with MS SQL Server database, including planning, sizing, deployment, development, configuration and optimization.
– Understand full SDLC model (preferably agile methodology)
ESSENTIAL AND NON-ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
– Ability to work with business management and other stakeholders to gather, understand and document business processes and project requirements, and to translate them into Cognos-based solutions.
– Experience translating business needs into high-impact solutions.
– Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to prepare professional technical documentation.
– Ability to think analytically and utilize creative thinking skills, as well as problem solving and design skills.
– Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated success supporting a team-oriented environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
– 5+ years of experience in IT with data warehousing or business intelligence applications.
– 3+ years of experience with Tableau.
– 3+ years of experience with Cognos Business Intelligence (C10) is also desirable, including all Studios, Framework Manager, Transformer and administration.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred. Industry experience will be considered in place of degree.
– Fluent in English – both written and orally.
– U.S. Citizen or is authorized to work in the U.S.
WORKING CONDITION/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Work environment is an office location. The position requires the dexterity to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone.
Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time with frequent bending and stooping.
This role profile is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this role profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
BlueLine Rental is an equal opportunity employer. BlueLine Rental does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, gender (including gender identity and gender expression) sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition), sexual orientation, marital status, registered domestic partner status physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status or unfavorable discharge from military service, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.