About the position
Prudential’s Enterprise Services Management team offers numerous global services to the enterprise including IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Asset Management (ITAM), IT Operations Management (ITOM), End User Experience Insight (EUX) and Application Performance Management (APM). Leveraging ServiceNow, we are changing the way people work by adopting a service-oriented approach for the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life. We help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our team is looking for a Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Developer with deep subject matter expertise related to the ServiceNow and Splunk products.
Experience with Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request in Service Now is required. Experience with Splunk Enterprise Dashboard is required. Experience with complementary technologies, such as VBScript, SQL, PowerShell, Orchestration, and Scripting is very helpful. As a Business Intelligence & Data Visualization Developer, you are responsible for designing and creating data visualization tools by collaborating with Senior Management, Service Providers, and Business Units to determine reporting needs, data requirements, and to create effective and insightful reporting visualizations, which play a major role in key decision-making and process improvements. The developer will be a key member of the overall Enterprise Services Management team and assist with all technical aspects of the ServiceNow and Splunk implementation project and solution delivery.
– Design and create innovative and valuable visualizations to identify patterns, trends and exceptions
– Work with departments to facilitate quick access and use of required data
– Partner with department leadership to design, effective and useful dashboards for improved operation’s
– Evaluate current reporting framework and reports to discover opportunities to move existing reports to visual analytics
– Handle requests for visualization and dashboards as BI/DV environment matures
– Work to create and monitor connections to the data warehouse for more centralized data access by the BI/DV tools
– Catalog and monitor the various non-centralized data connections providing data to the BI/DV tools
– Assist business, analytic, and operational users of the BI/DV tools to maximize adoption and use
– Create methods for and track key elements/objects within the BI/DV tools to insure cleanliness and organization
– Perform other duties as required by management
– Contribute to the continual improvement of business processes as well as the maturing of the IT automated services
– Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports
– Ensure adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables
– Troubleshoot production and test issues; perform root cause analysis, recommend corrective action, and lead the resolution efforts
– Document problems and their resolution
– Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, test plans, and SOPs
– Perform off-hours maintenance and deployments for system releases and provide 247 support to maintain service availability
– Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Business or equivalent experience required
– 3 + years BI Tool, ServiceNow Performance Analytics, Splunk Enterprise Dashboard, hands-on database experience (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) required
– 2+ years’ experience in Information Technology, Financial reporting, Business Analytics and Business Systems data presentation and action-based visualization preferred
– 3+ working experience in:
– Understanding of data formats such as XML and Json
– Modeling: data, process, events, objects
– IT standards, procedures, policy, change control
– Application design, architecture and maintenance
– Application development tools
– Release management
– System development life cycle (waterfall and agile)
– Service Now Data Architecture
* Industry certifications a plus:
o ServiceNow System Administrator
o ITIL v3 Foundation and/or advanced ITIL certifications
* Ability to interact with and influence a wide range of employees, including senior management, and entry-level personnel across a wide number of departments.
* Ability to drive deliverables and results, which involve people who do not directly report to you
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly complex environment using leading-edge technology and integrating with diverse application systems
* Strong interpersonal skills including team collaboration, leadership, presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with the following are a plus:
Orchestration, Scripting, and Power Shell
MS SQL database development and TSQL
Active Directory automation
Linux and Windows operating systems
Cloud operations in AWS and Azure
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit ****************** to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at ******************************* for more information about doing business with Prudential.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.