What you’ll be doing.
The FIRM & Network Transformation BI team creates and utilizes tools that direct financial and operational decisions. This is done by leveraging massive internal and external data and making them accessible to decision makers in a format that is simple, visually pleasing and presented in a way to drive conclusions. Data includes engineering build progress, market readiness for sale, customer types, competitors, available workforce, and product offerings.
We do this by leveraging Verizon’s extensive suite of support systems, Excel, R Studio, SQL, Tableau, Knime and custom in-house geospatial analysis tools. There is a heavy emphasis on sound, comprehensive and robust financial analysis that allows Verizon to maximize value on its capital investments in its fiber network.
The team must align assumptions and business case drivers across all of Verizon’s lines of business as well as capital management, finance, engineering, marketing, sales, sourcing, IT and legal teams. This requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to drive to alignment when working on cross-functional teams.
All of this produces a three-dimensional analysis that forecasts financial value of the opportunity, project cost, and all required effort to drive to projects to completion.
This role involves working in a high-energy team focused on delivering strategic financial data for the Network initiatives.
– Detailed financial and operational analysis – Develop, maintain and update comprehensive pro forma financial models and valuation analysis in support of network rollout planning and strategic business cases. Support recurring Corporate Financial Outlooks and Strategic Plans. Clearly present findings and impacts in order to drive decision making.
– Partner with subject matter experts – Forge relationships across all lines of business and operations with the goal of building and validating a comprehensive data set from internal systems that will support financial modeling. Lead discussions about business cases that are developed by the BI team and how they impact other lines of business.
– Communicate data using innovative methods – Develop new methods for conveying and displaying information for decision makers. Create tools that empower front line operators as well as senior executives to make sound decisions by making massive internal and external data simple, accessible and engaging.
– Research – Gather data and analyze opportunities for long-range Program vision.
– Create tracking frameworks – Define key KPI’s and architect dashboard reporting for working team, executive and senior executive use on an ongoing basis
– Geospatial analysis – Perform geography-specific analysis on network construction costs, competitor landscape, and product offering in support of pricing. Use software tools to combine data and knowledge from independent systems to create a holistic view of a market to support decision making.
What we’re looking for.
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or four or more years of work experience.
– Six or more years of relevant work experience.
– Mastery in Excel.
– Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
Even better if you have:
– CFA/CPA/CMA/CPBI certification.
– Profiency in Tableau.
– Experience with R Studio and/or SQL.
– Experience with Knime.
– Ability to deliver accurate and on time results.
– Detail focused and excellent organizational skills.
– Strong communication skills.
When you join Verizon.
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.