DaVita’s Physician Experience team is a high-energy, entrepreneurial group committed to transforming the future of healthcare delivery. We are currently seeking a motivated business intelligence manager to join our team in downtown Denver. This manager will have the unique opportunity to design and implement programs that impact high priority initiatives, drive clinical and operational excellence, and create a differentiated quality of life for our dialysis patients. This position offers visibility with senior leadership and a long runway for professional growth and development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
1. Build a Successful Team
– Guide the development of team goals and objectives.
– Ensure necessary mentoring, review, and support functions are in place.
– Cultivate a culture of inclusiveness around team decisions.
– Communicate clear expectations and provide timely, specific feedback.
– Proactively identify opportunities to collaborate with other teammates and teams to achieve Physician Experience and Village goals.
– Model DaVita’s mission and values.
2. Identify Internal and External Customers’ Needs
– Continually improve understanding of the Village’s and our physician partners’ goals.
– Use relationships and knowledge of the Physician Experience and DaVita enterprise strategy to identify opportunities to inform decisions.
– Keep apprised of relevant developments within the healthcare industry.
– Maintain a deep understanding of publicly reported or internally available data.
– Work with requestors to clarify their specific analytical and reporting needs.
3. Develop and Maintain BI Infrastructure
– Develop a BI infrastructure investment plan that aligns with DaVita IT’s assets and capabilities.
– Manage and contribute to the implementation of BI infrastructure projects.
4. Retrieve Data from DaVita Systems
– Use SQL to retrieve data from relational database.
– Navigate and retrieve data from Salesforce.
– Develop ETL scripts to pull data from DaVita’s enterprise data warehouse to keep recurrently used datasets up-to-date.
– Work with legal and compliance resources to identify guard rails for data requests.
– Structure and breakdown vague business problems into solvable parts.
– Speak to the costs and benefits of different analytical approaches with teammates and leadership.
– Understand and apply statistical techniques.
– Leverage Excel to answer questions-using formulas, PivotTables, and/or Macros.
– Leverage analytic tools-SPSS, Python, or R-to manipulate large data sets.
– Leverage data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Cognos, and/or Looker) to develop scalable, long-term reporting and analytics products.
– Development efficient, repeatable analytics process to support recurring needs.
6. Data Synthesize and Report Out
– Build and maintain VP-level and above reports and scorecards.
– Develop and conduct VP-level and above presentations.
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university required; Master’s degree preferred.
– 4+ years of experience in data analysis and project management.
– Experience in healthcare industry or IT-related fields a plus.
– Advanced MS Excel skills required.
– Experience with Jira and Confluence a plus.
– Experience with SQL.
– Experience writing ETL scripts.
– Experience writing performing statistical analysis (e.g. in R, SPSS, or Stata).
– Experience analyzing complex business problems and synthesizing large data sets to yield actionable recommendations.
– Understanding of relational database concepts and a demonstrated ability to comprehend complex technical systems and/or processes.
– Must possess a high level of self-initiative, drive and motivation, along with organizational skills.
– Ability and willingness to operate with and without significant amounts of direction.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.