| Protective Life
– Life Insurance
– Learning Center
– Claims Center
– Customer Service
– About Us
– Our Heritage and Values
– Our Subsidiaries
– Board of Directors
– Corporate Governance
– Giving Back
– Financial Information
– Manage My Policies
– View Saved Applications
– Track Application
– Claims Submission
– Immediate Benefit Accounts
– Financial Professionals
– My Protective Distributor Site
– Asset Protection
– Back to Careers
Careers Embrace Opportunity
– Browse Open Jobs
– Search Open Jobs
– Submit Your Resume
– Edit Your Profile
– View Submitted Applications
A Strong Foundation
TitleBusiness Systems Analyst
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Protective Life is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for the New Business Life Systems Team to support multiple administration systems and processes. This position requires strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, along with proper prioritization of multiple assignments, while maintaining a sense of urgency to meet individual and team strict deadlines and goals. Extensive experience planning, facilitating, eliciting, documenting, and managing business, functional, and technical requirements is critical to this technical analyst role. Success in this role requires strong leadership ability among peers, excellent oral and written communication skills, and effective collaboration with others, both internal and external to the company, to achieve desired results. The candidate should be self-motivated and show an inquisitive nature, seek improvements, and demonstrate strong accuracy and attention to detail. Other abilities include accepting responsibility and accountability for own job and performance, demonstrating independent work behaviors, and having decision-making skills to achieve desired results.
– Elicit, compose, and maintain requirements using interviews, group facilitation, prototyping, data analysis, business process descriptions, use cases, user stories, business analysis, and workflow analysis.
– Manage functional testing cycles including test planning, script development, status reporting, and test execution.
– Acts as a leader and department representative on projects that are very large, complex, and/or deal with multiple divisions.
– Represents the team in interdepartmental projects and corporate initiatives; consults with the business area on the most complex system-related issues and makes recommendations for better utilizing the available technology.
– Create and review user stories and other technical documents with stakeholders to ensure business requirements are adequately reflected in technical planning documents.
– Ability to perform business analysis within the department and cross-functionally across the organization, evaluate issues, identify possible solutions, and negotiate resolution with stakeholders.
– Facilitates business requirements analysis and functional design work sessions including creating business presentations, communications, and documentation.
– Lead functional design including demonstrations to stakeholders to validate approach.
– Identifies creative solutions to business requirements, analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives, and provides recommendations.
– Experience providing product management support such as prioritization and backlog grooming.
– Working knowledge of storyboarding, functional specifications, use cases, activity diagrams, workflow diagrams, etc. is required
– Basic understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design is required.
– Experience with Automated Regression Tools and Manual Regression Test Plans
– Knowledge of SQL and XML is preferred
– Ability to manage multiple, changing priorities, resolve conflicts and can work well under pressure
– Diagnoses and manages complex software defects and system anomalies to a successful resolution.
– Works with software developers to resolve complex problems and provides detailed diagnostic information.
– Consults with end-users concerning corrective actions as needed in a calm and professional manner.
– Prepares end-user procedures and manuals and provides end-user training for complex new or changed system functionality.
– 7+ years of applicable work and/or technical experience
– Bachelor’s degree in MIS or other related computer field will substitute for 4 years of work and/or technical experience
– Familiarity with Life Insurance products and processes are helpful
Send This Job to a Friend
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.