Job ID 2018-69170
Program Posting Miami-Corporate
Regular / Temp Regular Full-Time
Min. Exp.(Yrs) 3-5
Category Professional Non-Clinical
Zip Code 33131
Official Job Title Business Systems Analyst
Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
Responsible for eliciting, documenting, managing, and communicating business requirements. Effectively acts as a liaison between the IT staff and other departments and vendors. The Business Analyst works with department managers and other users to define IT application business requirements and ensures that new or upgraded applications meet the customer’s business needs.
* Collaborate with customers to define functional and technical requirements and specifications for new application, or application fix or upgrade.
* Perform GAP Analysis by establishing current state and desired future state requirements
* Work with customers having various job roles to identify current and future-state business processes
* Facilitate design sessions with the development team to define the solution
* Document requirements using techniques such as use cases and user stories that capture required system functionality
* Manage requirements uncertainty and ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment
* Apply Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, approaches and tools
* Develop process maps and models using standard desktop productivity tools
* Conduct feasibility studies, trade-off analysis, cost analysis, and business cases for IT related projects.
* Analyze system operations during and after implementation; recommend ongoing solutions based on user feedback.
* Maintain a strong working knowledge of IT applications.
* Competitive compensation
* Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
* Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
* Life insurance
* 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
* Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off
* Employee Assistance Program
* Legal Insurance
* Roadside Assistance
* Affinity Program
* Three to five years prior related experience
* Ability to work on various assignments simultaneously
* Medium to large project participation experience as a Business Analyst, Task Lead or Subject Matter Expert
* Ability to communicate tactfully, verbally and in writing with department heads, managers, coworkers and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
* Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within an automated systems as well as a variety of software packages such as Outlook, Excel and Word.
* Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences, general sciences, healthcare, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred.
Certification & Licensure:
Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) a definite plus.
Special Instructions to Candidates
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.