The Business Systems Analyst III is responsible for providing analysis and second-tier support for the business areas assigned to them. The position involves, but is not limited to, the analysis, design and estimation of medium to large-scale projects, product support, and coordination with team members on project development. This position involves moderate coordination with other departments, business partners, and outside vendors in order to provide customer support.
– Gather customer requirements to provide innovative solutions and recommend system, product and process enhancements.
– Provide applications second-tier support for systems issue resolution.
– Implement business software and provide systems administration set-up and configuration.
– Coordinate with program development teams on software interfaces used by supported business applications.
– Work closely with internal business units to facilitate project completion.
– Provide documentation of business rules, functional specifications, and process interpretation for assigned applications, systems, and business solutions.
– Assist with the creation, documentation, and execution of test scripts for supported systems and research and implement solutions to issues identified during testing.
– Perform project planning, coordination and management on multiple projects.
– Interface with software vendors and suppliers in support of business application software packages.
– Communicate with managers and business partners on business systems and project statuses.
– Design and create production and ad hoc reports.
– Provide direction to and mentor entry-level analysts.
– Monitor scheduled application interfaces and provide issue resolution
– Provide After Hours Support as assigned
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES
– Maintain system and functional awareness and competence.
– Assist Quality Assurance and business partners during the testing phases of projects as needed.
– Perform Unit Testing on Maintenance Items and Production Break Fixes.
– Assist with systems implementations and the evaluation of the results.
– Serve as contact to relationships outside of the Company as appropriate.
– Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned/required.
Reports to: Technical Applications Manager, AVP Corporate Business Systems, AVP Commercial Lending Systems or VP ITS Software Solutions
Direct Reports: None
– Thorough understanding of Personal Computer and Information Systems operations.
– Working knowledge of respective business support area.
– Working knowledge of project management methodology.
– Working knowledge of relational database structures, models, and diagrams.
– Ability to interpret and/or write system documentation and programming specifications.
– Good analytical, organizational, problem solving and follow-up skills with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
– Capable of relating business issues to the ITS staff in an effort to achieve the necessary resolution of issues.
– Good communication skills displaying timely and accurate information sharing with active listening skills.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
– Ability to read and understand system manuals and documentation pertaining to the operations of computer and software applications and equipment.
– Ability to make sound decisions and exercise good judgment.
– Ability to give directions to and mentor entry-level analysts.
– Promote a cooperative and productive team environment.
– Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with internal and external clients.
– Ability to provide prompt, high-quality customer service to members, staff, vendors, and internal/external customers.
– Proficiency with supported business applications such as Oracle E-Business Suite modules, Wholesale Management System, Dealer Access System, CreditQuest modules, SAP Business Objects
– Working knowledge of additional business applications such as MarkView, KRONOS or ADP
– Ability to write SQL queries of simple to medium complexity
– Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer studies or related business area preferred; high school degree with equivalent experience.
– Minimum of 4-6 years support experience in an IT environment and respective business area in analyzing and implementing applications systems.
Normal office environment. Subject to stressful situations as they relate to deadlines and dealing with business partners, other departments, and outside vendors. Some travel to company and vendor sites is required.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-31980
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
GM Financial is the captive finance company and the wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors, and is headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas. The company is a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in the U.S., Canada, China, Europe and Latin America. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail loan and lease programs to meet the needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses. GM Financial’s success is largely dependent on building strong, lasting relationships with our dealers and the consumer customers that we serve. This is why we are committed to providing best-in-class customer service, while promoting open, honest communication at all levels. Contact Info
– Arlington, TX
– GM Financial
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
More Jobs at GM Financial
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.