Responsible for conducting very complex and thorough research of existing processes, systems, systems logic, hardware deployment and desired objectives to develop detailed systems specifications to meet the needs of the assigned client group and their projects under development. This position examines existing manual and automated processes, documentation and training requirements, and the capacities and limitations of existing, or proposed hardware in order to develop comprehensive specifications in a formal and structured way. Implements activities that generally impact important components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects. Typically assigned to important / complicated undertakings. Receives work in the form of short- and mid-term assignments that regularly require the application of independent judgment.
– Gathers and analyzes internal business requirements by means of interviews, workflow analyses and facilitated discussions with users.
– Translates users’ business requirements into detailed functional designs for development, testing and implementation.
– Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language (‘UML’) and Rational Unified Process (‘RUP’) and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
– Identifies and communicates risks and issues impacting business rules, functional requirements and specifications.
– Participates in and contributes to managing the scope of applications and related changes.
– Assists quality assurance with functional test case reviews.
– Collaborates with stakeholders on the evaluation of the feasibility, effort and costs to implement requirements.
– Creates training materials and may assist with user orientation and training.
– Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization. Serves as a liaison between engineering, quality assurance and non-technical stakeholders throughout the development and deployment process.
– Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
– Performs as subject matter advisor to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of work team.
– Mentors less experienced members of the team.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes *************. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*5124_81810
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Walgreens is one of the largest drugstore chains in the U.S., with more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In December 2014, Walgreens completed its strategic combination with Alliance Boots to establish Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., forging the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. The combination brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services through community pharmacy care and pharmaceutical wholesaling. Both companies have more than a century’s worth of experience in customer and patient care. Walgreens is today part of the Retail Pharmacy USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance. Contact Info
– Deerfield, IL 60015
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.