Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The Legal Business Systems Analyst (BSA) role is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies supporting the Legal Business Unit. This role works closely with internal Legal and Legal Operations leaders to effectively manage project plans and implement change management to legal and financial systems. You will be responsible for documenting detailed business requirements, defining project scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement, and ongoing support. To ensure we provide optimal service to our business partners, you will have a deep understanding of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background.
As a primary partner of the Legal team, you’ll be responsible for creating, maintaining, and driving processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the Legal’s team operations. Working from our San Mateo, CA office, you’ll manage and support initiatives across the full range of subject matter supported by the Legal team, including contract management, eSignature software, outside counsel spend management, implementing department-wide technology applications, and other processes, automation, and scaling efforts. You’ll work with subject-matter specialists across the Legal team and throughout Snowflake to enable the business to grow and scale accordingly. The ideal candidate is able to adjust to evolving priorities and business needs in a rapidly moving environment. You’ll also have a knack for working independently and collaboratively, proactively identifying areas for improvement, generating action plans, and executing those plans to serve the partners of the Legal team and Snowflake.RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop, implement, and maintain processes and technology solutions for key legal operations functions (e.g., contract management, legal file repository management, legal knowledge base, corporate files, etc.)
– Business Requirements & Analysis.
– Work closely with business partners to understand processes, gaps, and goals.
– Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems, and flows of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
– Create and maintain documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and related systems.
– Partner with business, internal, and external technology teams to define associated system requirements and solutions.
– Maintain the relationship between Finance and Other organizations with Snowflake to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget while maintaining the critical business systems that drive Finance operations.
– Participate in systems implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution).
– Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
– Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
– Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs to align with Snowflake’s overall strategy.
– Business Solutions Design, Delivery & Support.
– Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps/issues, identify potential solutions, and present to both Business and IT stakeholders.
– Work closely with vendors, implementation partners, architects, developers, and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
– Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts, and end-user representatives.
– Provision of new users, manage workflows, manage system configuration, and the general end-user assistance.
– Design develop and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements.
– Manage prioritization, implementation, and change management of application changes/enhancements.
– Document all changes to applications per internal controls.
– Create technical documentation and conduct end-user training.
– Document all changes to the SaaS systems, ensuring SOX compliance readiness REQUIREMENTS:
– Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Finance, Accounting, Information Technology)
– At least 5-10 years of business systems analyst experience in a global organization
– At least 3+ years of experience with Legal Operations in an in-house Legal department and significant additional relevant work experience
– Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
– Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented.
– Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
– Commitment to excellent customer service.
– Successful in dealing with company personnel at all levels
– Ability to work independently
– Project Management experience
– Familiarity with ServiceNow Legal Service Delivery application and Fidelity platform is preferred
– Understanding of Global entities processes/challenges
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.