Career Facilitator | Information Technology (IT) | Non Profit
Goodwill's Mission: Transforming the lives of the individuals with disabilities and other barriers through pathways to independence and the power of work.
Career Facilitator | Information Technology (IT) | Non Profit is responsible for Planning, organizing and delivering instructional programs in a blended (self-paced online and in a classroom) environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential.
A day in the life: In a typical day, a Career Facilitator | Information Technology (IT) | Non Profit can expect to…
- Training: Facilitate workshop-style employment focused programing to individuals with disabilities and other barriers through classroom instruction, group activities, and one-on-one assistance.
- Customer Service: Deliver a high level of client experience by providing individualized training plans to satisfy client and business partner needs in a non profit setting.
- Workforce Development: Identify and implement innovative methods to provide development services to diverse populations; resulting in job readiness.
- Continuous Improvement: Collect and analyze data from various labor market databases and program participants to adapt to the changing needs in a competitive job market.
- Planning: Map out training plans, design, and develop training programs
Goodwill Columbus Perks:
- Transform lives through workforce development and the power of work!
- Benefits: employee discount and competitive medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement plans
Generous paid time off (PTO)
Career Facilitator | Information Technology (IT) | Non Profit – Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong Communication Skills: Provide timely and thorough communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong Public Speaking Skills: Present workforce development materials; adapting to the communication style and needs of program participants.
- Community Relations: Build and foster community and business partnerships; utilizing knowledge of public relations, sales, marketing, and business principals.
- Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and basic office equipment/machines.
- Inclusion: Value the basic principles of teamwork; actively participants in team activities.
- Mentoring: Ability and desire to coach program participants for job success
Career Facilitator | Information Technology (IT) | Non Profit – Experience & Education:
- CompTIA A+ certification required.
- net+, sec+, Python & Data Analytics certification or training desirable.
- Associates or Bachelors’ degree desirable.
- Demonstrated success facilitating IT training highly desirable.
- Must have valid OH driver’s license and personal auto insurance.
- Proud to be the sixth largest nonprofit organization in central Ohio and among the top 50 employers.
- Goodwill Columbus provides 1.2 million hours of training, job placement programs, and work programs for individuals with developmental disabilities and other barriers to employment
- Goodwill Columbus is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and employee growth, 50% of internal promotions in 2020 were people of color.
Goodwill Columbus is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Goodwill Columbus will not discriminate against any employee or applicant based upon a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, status regarding public assistance, age, sexual or affectional orientation, familial status, ancestry, local human rights commission activity, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other protected class.
At Goodwill, we'll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
Our full-time benefits include:
- Promotion and Growth Opportunities
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
Health, Dental and Vision insurance the 1st of the month after 30 days
Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, and critical illness
Paid time off
- Employee Discount at all Goodwill Columbus Stores
Goodwill Columbus is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, we invite you to visit our website at
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.