8901 – Corp Office West Crk – 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be! About this job
At CarMax, we are industry disruptors. At the heart of our innovation is new cloud platforms. Working on many different aspects of the customer and associate experience, our Senior Engineers research and discover new opportunities and shape the cloud platform to fulfill them. From inception to completion, you will develop tools and technology, learning quickly from our spirit of experimentation. You will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that is right for them and our associates can efficiently support the customer experience!
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
· Take a lead role in implementing our new Cloud based ERP solution, specifically Order and Inventory Management, utilizing industry standard processes and designs.
· Design flexible system solutions that meet and exceed requirements and can change simultaneously as the business grows.
· Good understanding of Cloud architecture integrations, and legacy third party systems integrations with the Cloud
· Work with fellow CarMax associates to understand the real-life process and data challenges and discover what they need to create a seamless customer experience and an efficient associate experience.
· Collaborate with colleagues in product design, product management, systems architecture, and various operational and technical teams to develop solutions and bring great ideas to life.
· Aid with building of requirements, design and function specs, testing, validating of configuration/development setups. Act as lead peer reviewer for all developments/configurations within Oracle SCM.
· Market your innovative ideas internally and evolve them according to feedback and critique within an agile environment.
· Stay on top of industry trends and best practice to continuously improve what we do and ensure our customer and associate experience is the best it can be.
· Ability to create plans and goals, for him/herself as well as junior engineers, and hold him/herself and others accountable to those.
· Focus on long term development, integration and stabilization of the cloud ERP platform.
Purpose of the role
It takes a passion for technology to develop elegant solutions. Working collaboratively and creatively as part of a close-knit delivery team, you will be part of the development process from end to end: consulting users, carrying out experiments, tackling complex business problems and implementing new solutions. You can balance customer and associate needs with business goals and know how to deliver technical solutions that enhance business value. Creative, curious, and highly analytical, you never stop learning and thrive on constant change.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience including ERP implementations.
· Functional expert within the 4 walls of Oracle Fusion SCM cloud, including designing and configurating within modules.
o Experience with the Order to Cash process with techno-functional knowledge in ERP modules – Order Management (OM), Accounts Receivable (AR), Inventory (IM)
· Experience in implementation and support of Oracle ERP cloud, specific to SCM modules
· Experience with support of business/tech users during user/system testing, troubleshooting defects for root cause, and providing solutions to these issues.
· Experience with inbound/outbound integrations with Oracle, including mapping, data schemas, etc
· Experience in Oracle Cloud ERP Implementations
· Hands on experience managing PaaS/SaaS integration tool suites
· Experience with REST, SOAP API, and web microservices technology
· SQL language proficiency with at least one of the common database platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and/or DB2 database management systems
· Familiarity with the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform utilizing modern microservices and serverless approaches is a highly desirable.
Software Specific Qualifications and Requirements
Experience in the following required:
· API designs (REST & SOAP)
· Advanced Microsoft .NET (C#) or similar Object Oriented
· Microsoft SQL Server Scripting and Data Models
· Extract Transform Load (ETL)
· Process Automation
· Security and Data Protection
· Data Storage Solutions
· Reusable Code and Libraries
· Database Schemas
· Data Integration, Migration and Scripting
· Security Compliance
· Unit Testing
Experience in the following preferred:
· Automated/Performance Testing
· Stateless/Sessions Design
· Distributed Servers/Azure Integration
· Continuous Integration
· Web Server/IIS Configuration
· Internet of Things (IoT)
Remote Work: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com