8116 – Midtown Office – 2220 W. Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23220
CarMax, the way your career should be! ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Manager is responsible for managing a team of associates through development; the oversight of support; the oversight of the team’s strategic mission within IT; ensuring the team’s collaboration throughout IT; and, ensuring positive interaction with all customers and external partners. The position requires strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and managerial skills.The Manager is responsible for implementing the mission of their team and influencing the strategic vision and goals of their team through the successful work of their team members.The Manager is responsible for the support of all systems within their team’s area of responsibility. This includes ensuring that the team is focused on strong customer service, collaborating to successfully resolve conflict with a win-win resolution and that the team’s efforts consistently meet CarMax® business requirements, direction, and standards.
Who we are looking for:
The Technology Manager’s primary responsibility is to partner with their business areas and provide technology solutions and services that help deliver CarMax’s strategic mission and plans. This position will direct and manage the strategic planning, software development, implementation, administration and maintenance for a large suite of application systems. This includes development of long and short-term technology solutions that address business goals and deliver improved profitability, efficiency and an unrivaled associate experience.
Position Requirements: Here is some of the Day to Day:
Strategic planning and results focus
· Identify the appropriate goals for the teams
· Prioritizing objectives and provide a holistic approach to solution recommendations that includes ROI, time to market, scalability as well as alternative recommendations
· Partner with business stakeholders, peer groups, the Technology management team and key associates.
· Present the vision to executive management.
· Communicate the vision to executive management while also providing guidance for the team to support the strategic direction.
Team Leadership and Development
· Attract, recruit, retain and coach a strong team of skilled and engaged associates aligned to the overall mission.
· Create clear role expectations and develop associates to reach their full potential – understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
· Continue to grow one’s knowledge base and stay current with industry trends while also formulating a technology plan for each business area based on in-depth understanding of the current business needs and their future direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Passionate about information technology
· Persuasive communicator – able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
· Good listener – weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
· Collaborative and team oriented work approach
· Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
· Experience managing, training and mentoring others in IT software development and SaaS/Software Package implementation best practices.
· Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
· Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
· Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
· Continuous learner and improvement mentality; never satisfied
· Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executives
· Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
· Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Handles constructive criticism with ease; adapts easily and efficiently to change
Posting: Role (Remote)
“Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado”
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· BS/BA degree – IT related, preferred
· 5+ years of experience in Information Technology with 3+ years of application systems development and implementation
· 3+ years’ experience managing direct reports
· 3+ years of experience required leading software projects leveraging Agile practices, required
· 3+ years of experience with Payroll / Incentive Management Systems and/or Kronos Workforce Management , preferred not required
If think this is you, let us know and apply!
See for yourself on why you should come work here
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com