8116 – Midtown Office – 2220 W. Broad Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23220
CarMax, the way your career should be! Manager, Quality Engineering (ERP)
About this job
The QE Manager is a key liaison with the stakeholder community. They excel in communication and collaboration and build positive customer relationships. They influence processes, eliminate barriers, and support customers’ requirements and needs. Their primary focuses include associate development, alignment of the team’s strategic mission within CarMax Technology, foster and support collaboration and ensure a positive customer experience. The position requires strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Of critical importance is driving the adoption of Automation, BDD/ATDD principles within the application teams with a focus on driving quality. The initial focus of this position is the successful implementation of Oracle ERP.
This manager provides a key level of associate development and is integral in the development of team chemistry and dynamics while also providing mentorship, constructive feedback, and professional growth.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
• Responsible for day-to-day tactical team decisions
• Required to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Ability to drive through obstacles and time constraints to overcome barriers and successfully deliver results
• Demonstrated ability to schedule and execute hardware and software releases
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and assign tactical requests to the team
• Responsible for frequent associate File Reviews
• Establish a climate for positive morale and engagement in the team
Establish Standards and Best Practices
• Be the point person as the primary representative and go-to resource for all ERP testing-related processes
• Support our business partners through the successful implementation of Oracle ERP and associated modules, including supply chain and financials.
• Work with our business partners to determine direction and solution design needed to support their business and deliver the fully tested components of the projects.
• Help promote a test automation culture. Work to continuously improve test automation tools, processes, and associate capabilities.
• Manage testing practices for automated performance and load testing of software and systems
• Establish and support DevOps implementations by providing continuous integration/continuous delivery aligned test automation
• Establish and maintain Test Management processes and technology to support evidence of testing in support of change management practices
• Experience with quality assurance tools and defect tracking systems
• Responsible for overall testing strategy for their areas of responsibility, including best practices, methodologies, and metrics
• Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (Agile and Waterfall)
• CSQA, CSTE or other relative certification preferred
• Expert ability to understand the business principles and priorities of the supported business channel
• Consistent ability to build positive relationships and partnership with team members in supported business areas
• Expert ability to interact with the co-workers including understanding of requirements and proposed solutions
• Consistent ability to lead meetings and discussions in order to gain consensus and establish direction
• Continually seeks opportunities to increase internal customer satisfaction and deepen client relations
• Responsible for ongoing associate development
• Consistent ability to provide associate feedback by writing and delivering Annual Performance Reviews
• Working with associates to collaboratively establish an Individual Development Plan and review them on a timely basis
• Ability to track associate performance and provide them with appropriate feedback
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to consistently execute each essential duty & responsibility as well as consistently show proficiency with the following qualifications. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Leadership – can apply clear direction and priorities to the team
• Provides vision – into the big picture
• Serves as a role model and leads by example
• Inspires and motivates the team
• Strong communication skills required
• Implement new policies and procedures effectively
• Promotes a customer focused team
• Promotes associate responsibility through work ownership and engagement
• Provides guidance and mentoring to team members
• Drives for results – Has demonstrated a consistent ability to deliver solutions on-time and with high quality
• Business process knowledge a plus
Education and/or Experience
• 7+ years of applicable experience for position
• Oracle ERP experience with knowledge of Supply Chain and Financials modules, required
• Education preference, 4-year degree in IT related course of study
• Microsoft Office experience required
• Strong project management skills required
• Experience managing people for 3+ years is preferred
• 3+ years of Cucumber/Selenium Automation experience required
• Load Testing experience preferred
Remote Work: Work location is flexible if approved by the Company except that position may not be performed remotely from Hawaii or Colorado
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com