The Modeling & Simulation Division of Leidos is currently seeking a Chief Engineer for our Orlando, FL location.
Successful candidate will work on a portfolio of programs supporting Live Combat Training Systemin support of various US and overseas customers.
Candidate will be responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding. Evaluates alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Duties include performing systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
Candidate will have experience with instrumentation of ground and air combat platforms and will be capable of leading field teams into austere locations to successfully completing activities in that context. Candidate will also support development and delivery of end user training. Function is a direct report to the Department Head.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will oversee all engineering functional teams led by all engineering team leads (e.g., Requirements, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Optics). Requires deep management and leadership knowledge to lead cross-family program teams.
- Directs activities that have significant impact on the achievement of results for programs. The position requires a high degree of responsibility for resources, and frequently influences organizational or operational decisions made by leadership.
- The candidate conducts extensive investigation to understand the root cause of problems.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own organization, and has responsibility for communicating with diverse parties external to the organization. Influences others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Responsible for creating workforce and staffing plans for programs to ensure efficient use of resources. Typically has hiring, firing, promotion and reward authority within own area, in accordance with organizational guidelines.
External Referral Eligible
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or equivalent technical discipline and 15+ years of successful experience supporting the requirements, design, development, integration of hardware and software in austere field environments. Has 10+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
Candidate will demonstrate a track record of working with long range RF instrumentation systems, laser based engagement simulation systems and combined arms instrumented training systems/combat training centers.
Experience with Live Training systems. Experience with Ground Combat Platforms.
Travel to overseas will be required on occasion for extended periods (30 days).
Experience with the Live Training Transformation (LT2) Consolidated Product Line Management concept, tools, roles and responsibilities, processes, and procedures for organizations and software developers to successfully produce and support core assets in the LT2 Family of Training Systems (LT2-FTS) Product Line.
Thorough understanding and experience in NTC and JRTC combat training centers.
Experience supporting government product mangers/program managers in delivering complex live, virtual and constructive solutions.
Participation in international standards organizations and/or standards development.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.