********** is looking for a hands-on Chief Technical Officer to manage a team of developers and data scientists.
********** is a leading online service provider to lawyers and consumers. Our servers handle over a million page requests a day and we are the fastest major legal directory site in the U.S. We operate multiple high volume transactional email platforms, handle thousands of calls per week on our custom VOIP platform, and manage a leading database of over 2 million lawyers in 60 countries. We are profitable, expanding and offer many opportunities for career growth in our Basking Ridge, NJ and Easton, PA offices. Our intuitive brand ‘**********’ is rapidly gaining recognition among lawyers and consumers and we are well positioned in the $200 Billion U.S. legal services market. ********** is part of World Media Group LLC, whose business interests include ********** and ******** in NYC, ************* and *********** in California and ********* in Mumbai.
The Chief Technical Officer will be expected to advance the level of expertise of the development and data teams, implement best development practices, and deliver innovative technology using agile processes. The CTO will be responsible for the server infrastructure, software updates, development tools and project management applications. Responsibilities will include coordinating and prioritizing project schedules with sales, operations, support, and accounting groups. Management duties include regular reviews of team members, setting compensation and bonuses and recruiting additional team members. Duties also include selection and management of third party contractors, negotiations with third party service and API providers, and purchasing of required software and hardware.
The CTO will architect efficient innovative solutions to business requirements, using latest technologies, best practices and rapid development methods. All solutions will balance the requirements of SEO bots, Lawyers, Consumers and our sales, support and accounting teams. ********** places a strong emphasis on infrastructure speed and expects intense focus on page speed for desktop and mobile devices and internal admin platform, and efficient server and database throughput. All code will be robust, reliable, well documented and scaleable. Code performance metrics will tracked and analyzed. It is expected that the CTO will assist on difficult bug issues and produce proof of concept code when needed and participate in the code review process.
The CTO will stay up to date on latest SEO, SEM, Social Media and Mobile App developments, competitor services and strategies, and the business trends in our market. Where applicable, the CTO will attend industry conferences, complete training courses and maintain required certifications. When required, CTO will prepare and make presentations to investors, major clients, partners and assist CEO and other senior management with technical component of presentations. CTO will be key participant in company strategy and new product decisions. CTO may also be required to assist other World Media companies with technical advice. CTO will report to **********’s CEO.
* Rigorous graduate or masters level degree at leading computer science university
* Demonstrated excellence in studies, standardized tests and competitions.
* 5+ years full time coding experience
* Ability to manage and mentor junior developers.
* Experience finding, hiring, training and motivating developers.
* Web development experience at leading Internet business
* Expert level back end experience, particularly on LAMP stack
* Experience designing complex software solutions and evaluating third party API’s
* Highly analytical, able to optimize diverse requirements into innovative solutions
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Passion for learning and mastering new skills
* A strong sense of ownership and personal accountability
* Enjoy fast moving start up environment
* Positive fun inclusive high energy personality
* Team player interested in supporting junior employees and other departments.
* Interest in business strategy and product management
* Short commute to Basking Ridge, NJ or Easton, PA offices
* U.S. citizen or work permit (we will apply for visas and green card if necessary)
* Knowledge of the Legal Services market
* Experience with subscription based e-commerce businesses
* Understanding of best practices in SEO, SEM and social media
* Personal web site, mobile app, hardware or robotics experience
* Familiarity with Google Analytics, Adwords, Adsense, Search Console
* Experience with big data platforms and data collection tools
* Familiarity with High Availability web and database architectures and software.
* Experience with transactional email platforms, feedback loops and white lists.
* Familiarity with Stripe, Paypal or other payment API’s
* Experience with Twilio for voice and SMS communication
* Experience with DNS, CDN’s (ideally Akamai), SSL, Pubnub, HTTP2, NGINX.
* Experience with Java, Python, Google App Engine, AWS, GIt, Phabricator, Slack
* Experience with Google page speed and mobile responsiveness tools
* Experience with testing tools, Browserstack, WebPageTest, EmailonAcid, etc.
* Offshore and contractor team management experience
* Used outsourcing platforms including Guru, UpWork, Amazon Mechanical Turk.
* Complimentary interests (musical instrument, chess, poker, etc.)
* Competitive Base Salary
* Personal performance bonuses
* Company wide bonuses – annual and milestone based
* Significant Stock options
* Generous vacation policy including up to 8 weeks long service leave.
* Medical, dental and vision healthcare insurance
* Health oriented work environment including sit/stand electric desks
* Fun company events, theme Fridays, summer hours, voted a best place to work in NJ
* Subsidized continuing education, offsite training courses.
* Open management structure encourages communication and feedback
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.