Monthly Salary – $4,933 – $5,996
Offering Excellent Benefits – Monthly Benefit Bank of $1,595
The City will be engaging in labor negotiations to renew employment contracts effective July 1, 2023. It is anticipated that all employees will enjoy a yet determined Cost of Living Adjustment implemented at that time.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.cityofchino.org.
Under general supervision this journey level position will be responsible for helping to maintain and operate an enterprise GIS system as well as assisting support staff with daily operations, such as resolving Help Desk user issues and performing a variety of technical duties involved in installing, testing and maintaining the City’s computerized information systems, including all computer workstations and peripherals, network equipment, telephone systems and software used by staff; and related work as assigned.
- Assist with user support by responding to Help Desk questions and inquiries on various hardware and software issues in a timely manner, which involves conducting simple break/fix analysis, troubleshooting, and correcting technical problems of minor complexity, performing minor repairs, communicating with internal customers on status of work involved and estimated time to resolve the issue utilizing excellent customer service skills, and escalating Help Desk tickets as necessary without unnecessary delays.
- Assist in ensuring all City employees are able to use available computer programs and equipment as required for the effective completion of work assignments.
- Perform minor Active Directory administration tasks such as creating and deleting accounts, and resetting passwords.
- Maintain work order documentation, technical schematics, and diagrams.
- Stay current and up-to-date with new technology.
- Interact with co-workers at all levels in the organization in a collaborative and customer service-oriented manner.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform all duties within the context of the City’s Mission Statement and Organizational Values.
- Assist Analyst in providing consultative services to user departments in the use of third party tools (primarily ArcGIS Pro or Desktop) to access data in various software applications to produce complex maps that deliver analysis beyond that delivered by the original software.
- Assist in designing, implementing, and maintaining the City’s GIS system; including analyzing user requirements, and translating them into GIS terms and actions.
- Work with internal users, outside agencies and consultants to add and update data layers.
- Work with other City application vendors to support the integration between GIS and those applications.
- Produce a wide variety of maps and reports as well as provide technical assistance to all City Departments.
- Train users in new and existing GIS applications.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of the position. A typical example includes:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography/GIS or related field (desirable).
- None required for this position.
- One or more years of experience working with personal computer hardware and networked systems, as well as a variety of software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and SQL-based database management (required).
- One or more years of experience working with ESRI products in support of an enterprise Geographic System (required).
- Experience using and supporting SQL Server Integration Services; Public Safety CAD/RMS systems; Accela Automation or similar Land and Asset Management system; Laserfiche; and Windows 11 in a domain environment (desired).
- Experience or knowledge of ArcGIS Pro and or ArcGIS Desktop.
- Experience or knowledge of Remote Sensing/imagery.
- Knowledge of working database concepts and structure.
- Knowledge of geographic principles and techniques.
- Understand how to operate, install, and maintain computer hardware, peripherals, and software as well as the principles, practices and procedures involved in the maintenance and operations of a computer network.
- Develop and maintain relational databases, including creating database connections and table joins.
- Install and perform routine maintenance on computer equipment, correct configuration errors, and resolve customer/user problems.
- Coordinate with other technical staff to address issues related to the network infrastructure or server operating systems and identify and analyze information system needs.
- Analyze unusual situations and resolve them through application of management principles and practices.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks effectively under pressure; organize tasks in a logical and systematic manner.
- Assist in the resolution of critical information system problems and complaints, which requires resourcefulness, studying and researching the issues involved, understanding, and anticipating the implication of various options for resolution and making a final recommendation for the optimal solution.
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Complete assignments requiring considerable judgment and initiative, determining appropriate methods and procedures for effective resolution of issues.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management, both verbally and in writing.
Assist employees with varying levels of computer expertise.
- Think critically and be proactive.
- Respond to supervision, guidance, and direction of superiors in a positive, receptive manner.
- Portray a polite, helpful, professional and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Perceive hazards and follow workplace safety practices.
- Job specific training will be provided according to class specification during work hours.
- Receive satisfactory results from a thorough background investigation, including polygraph; a physical examination, which includes a drug screen; and an administrative review.
Category I – Light Physical Effort: This position requires normal physical abilities associated with the ability to read, write, and communicate in a work environment requiring no extraordinary physical strength or special physical qualifications.
Characteristics: Work assignments for this category are normally located in a work environment which has no unusual physical requirements or environmental conditions, unless separately identified. Positions in this category require only light physical effort while performing such functions as typing, writing, filing, computing, operating light office equipment, interviewing, counseling, researching, planning, analyzing, and supervising. Positions allocated to this category are distinguished by a lack of duties involving strenuous activities. These positions seldom lift more than 20 pounds.
- Reaching: Reaching above the shoulders to place and/or retrieve objects.
- Sitting: Ability to sit with little movement for long periods of time (usually a minimum of two or more hours per day).
Department/Division: Administration/Information Technology Division
Reports To: Information Technology Analyst or Manager
Employee Unit:Chino City Hall Confidential Employees Association (CCHCEA)
To apply for this job please visit www.cityofchino.org.