CH2M is now Jacobs. Support our water clients across the U.S. and have a hand in transforming tomorrow.
As a Civil Engineer in our Global Design Center you will be instrumental in helping our clients accomplish their project goals cost effectively, on time, and with the top quality they have come to expect. Working with other members of our team, you’ll become part of a team that provides project consulting and site planning, design, and engineering services to a wide variety of clients. This position requires subject matter knowledge and breadth/depth experience to move projects from concept to completion including complete site design using MicroStation and Inroads and other engineering software applications to construction phase services. Project work and responsibilities will include commercial, municipal and government clients entailing all aspects of site development design such as grading, drainage, stormwater management, water/wastewater utilities, roadways, erosion and sedimentation control, as well as technical writing.
During your time with us, you will coordinate with other disciplines in a multidisciplinary team, direct the work of CAD technicians, and produce specifications and deliverables. You will be part of a team engaged in delivering some of the most exciting projects in the Western United States, and beyond.
Our Civil Engineers:
• Produce deliverables, contract drawings, contract documents, and design calculations.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of MicroStation, Inroads or other engineering applications
• Prepare specifications and drawings, design stormwater systems, general storm sewer analysis, paving design, municipal waterline distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection systems and other general site development project improvements, provide services during construction phases which include reviewing submittals and responding to RFIs (Request for information)
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary engineering team as well as architects to deliver a consistent and quality design.
• Work with senior civil engineers in a team environment to select and apply standard engineering techniques and procedures
• Drive ownership of health and safety in all aspects of project execution, office and personal environments
If you’re up for the challenge, we’re looking for someone just like you! Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
• Civil Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 5 years experience in various aspects of site civil engineering design
• Holds an active professional engineering (PE) license
• Strong and effective oral and written communication skills
• Capable of working in a team environment, including giving and receiving critical feedback
• Strong technical capabilities in various software applications: Civil 3D, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, MicroStation or AutoCAD, Inroads, and Adobe Acrobat
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
• 10-15 years experience in civil engineering
• Civil 3D, Inroads and LEED experience preferred
• Knowledge of advanced civil engineering techniques and ability to interface with other disciplines on project
• Construction management experience and knowledge of surveying principles a plus
Join CH2M and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across the United Kingdom. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
Please note that we will not sponsor an employment visa, such as an H-1B or related visa, to fill this position.
CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.