What you’ll do…
The Infrastructure Engineer participates in the development of an Enterprise approach to system specification, engineering, operational, administrative, capacity management, maintenance and support services for the H&R Block information technology infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Engineer scope of control typically includes one or more of the following:
- Networks and data communication
- Telecommunication systems
- Storage and data management solutions
- Application management and support.
- This position provides technical research and recommendations as needed to supplement the Senior, Lead and Principal Engineer, provides support in the areas of technical support escalation, operational logistics, incident and problem resolution services resulting in deployments with optimal Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) and Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) characteristics.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively engage as the Tier 2 escalation point to resolve system, software or hardware deficiencies in existing systems. This may include performing technical research, developing a corrective plan of action or collaborating with vendors for analysis.
- Provides effective and timely resolution to hardware, operating system software or network problems utilizing industry best practices and H&R Block corporate standards.
- Provides timely and consistent communication on overall systems status and operational issues as required by support and customer groups.
- Performs deployments of new IT Infrastructure utilizing H&R Block configuration standards and processes.
- Performs routine system capacity monitoring, planning and implementation.
- Proactively maintains IT Infrastructure security and integrity through routine maintenance, upgrades and patching.
- Implements, maintains and monitors system and network monitoring tools.
- Provides recommendations for improvement of existing services, or new services to the Lead Infrastructure Engineer.
- Applies approved standards, procedures and industry best practices to ensure performance, confidentiality, security, integrity and availability of applicable systems or solutions.
- Documents new and existing processes, common tasks or infrastructure configurations and creates or maintains applicable diagrams.
- Follows prescribed change management and governance processes for the hosting infrastructure and corporate IT infrastructure.
- Participates on cross functional project teams to build, deploy, and maintain IT infrastructure components to meet client business needs and internal IT objectives.
It would be even better if you also had…
- Experience working in an agile environment a plus
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Azure Pipelines
What you’ll bring to the team…
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through education and/or related work experience.
- 3 years minimum related work experience
Desired Technical Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in Windows and/or Linux Server Administration
- Experience working in cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Scripting experience in Bash, Ruby, or Powershell
- Experience with configuration management and automation platforms (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer)
- Experience with patch management and orchestration (SCCM, KernelCare, RedHat Satellite)
- Familiarity with DevOps continuous integration/continuous deployment frameworks and best practices
About H&R Block…
We’re here to live our purpose-to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We take our work personally, because we know what it represents: Families and homes. Livelihoods and lives.
We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to approximately 12,000 tax offices throughout the United States and around the world. When you join our team, you’ll add to the momentum of a forward-thinking company-one that defined an industry and is now leading its transformation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.