Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and memorable customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is transforming the industry in payments, transit and identity, and we’re passionately focusing on the customer’s digital wallet experience. Our scale and security demands create unique opportunities for innovative and creative solutions which contribute to millions of customer’s daily interactions.
- 6+ years of experience with Linux, UNIX, CoreOS, etc.
- Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Chef… Been there and done that. You know where each are strong and weak.
- Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm… Yup, you’ve orchestrated it all.
- The operating system is just one part of the ecosystem. You’re well versed in the rest (networking, storage, DBs, etc).
- Prometheus, Nagios, Sensu… observability is imperative to success.
- You know how to set direction and build consensus through vigorous debate.
- Ambiguity doesn’t scare you. You see it as an opportunity to define the future.
- You automate things rather than doing them twice.
- You’re a hands-on strategist.
- You can lead a project yourself.
- You’re an expert in the DevOps space, but don’t want to be limited to that space.
- Experience with HashiCorp stack – Nomad, Consul, Vault is a plus.
The Apple Pay team is looking for Cloud DevOps Engineers to support our rapid growth and expansion. This new role will be key part of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay with a broad impact across the product and customer experiences: • Gather requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support Apple Pay product initiatives • Be a conduit for technical expertise in liaising with external Apple Pay partners • Provide technical guidance, troubleshooting expertise, and architectural insight to development, quality, and site reliability teams • Solve complex problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support security and business initiatives • Build applications and tools to reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of products • Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies) to out-pace current growth projections • Evangelize next generation cloud and DevOps products and processes, experiment with their implementation and bring them to fruition.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or Equivalent
To apply for this job please visit jobs.apple.com.