FREEDOM CONSULTING GROUP
Cloud Software Engineer
Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
Hello jobseeker! We are Freedom Consulting Group. Here, employees have the freedom to spread their creative wings. With a team of experienced leaders and top-tier talent, we’ve worked hard to establish ourselves as the premier technology company serving the Intelligence Community. At Freedom, your brain is always in style.
The key to Freedom Consulting Group is the word Freedom. Freedom Consulting Group was created to provide it’s employees with the Freedom to grow and focus on their skills, not administrivia and unnecessary corporate hoops. Our goal is to provide an environment and culture that allows our employees to succeed and grow as IT service providers.
At Freedom Consulting Group, we believe our reputation is everything. We ensure our customers always come first and that the work we perform is of the highest quality. We do this through the creation of positive relationships with our customers and providing proactive management of our team of highly trained engineers. At Freedom, we have created a culture where information and expertise are shared, allowing both junior and senior engineers to thrive. Our technical teams focus on the use of the right technology to create flexible, repeatable solutions for our customers.
– A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
– Experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, software development, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
– Experience developing software with high level languages such as Java, C, C++.
– Experience working with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
– Experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
– Experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
– Experience with serialization such as JSON and/or BSON.
– Experience developing Restful services.
– Experience in the requirements analysis and design of at least one Object Oriented system.
– Experience developing solutions integrating and extending FOSS/COTS products.
– Experience with software integration and software testing, to include developing and implementing test plans and test scripts.
– Experience developing software for Windows (2000, 2003, XP, VISTA) or UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5) operating systems.
– Experience with at least two (2) of the following desired quals:
– Experience deploying applications in a cloud environment.
– Understanding of Big-Data Cloud Scalability (Amazon, Google, Facebook).
– Hadoop/Cloud Developer Certification.
– Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms.
– Experience with linguistics (grammar, morphology, concepts).
EXTREMELY COMPETITIVE BENEFITS:
– Fully Paid Medical Plan
– 401K with No Vesting
– Training and Education Allotment
– Generous paid time off with 10 Holidays
– Paid Site Closure
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with an appropriate agency Polygraph is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or veteran status
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
View Company Information
To see other positions, click here.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.