The successful candidate will be responsible to design, build and maintain the computing platform for the organization. The goal is to continuously provide a high availability, stable, performance optimized, and appropriately redundant computing environment. This position reports to the Data Center Manager. The Data Center hosts KM’s SAP (ECC, S/4, BW, BOBJ, CRM) Systems, the KM websites, online web ordering and field service systems, as well as numerous other decision support systems. These systems are crucial to KM’s business. Google Cloud (GCP) is required for this position.
• Responsible for continuous design of the computing environment to ensure high availability, performance, and systems redundancy.
• Investigate and evaluate technologies for application within KM and design enhanced solutions using these technologies.
• Review and implement enhanced capabilities and systems for monitoring and alerting on our computing environment, including servers, security, OS patches, etc.
• Plan and implement increased security across all data center systems.
• Continually monitor the computing environment for any anomalies, trends, and apply to performance tuning exercises
• Installation and configuration of all servers and data center systems, including virtualization, operating systems and storage arrays.
• Installation and configuration of operating systems and various services such as FTP, IIS, DHCP, WINS, DNS, etc.
• Monitor and troubleshoot server problems.
• Ownership and support for the virtualization layer, all compute and storage.
• Manage installation and operation of server anti-virus protection.
• Activities include monitoring alerts and investigating any reported problems.
• Manage operations of critical business applications such as SAP ERP, BW/BOBJ, CRM, web portal / e-commerce, etc.
• Support various technologies such as VMware, Citrix, Sharepoint, Exchange, and various monitoring tools.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 3-5 years of GCP (Goggle Cloud) Experience
- 3-5 years of System Engineering work including server configuration and build, OS installation, system maintenance and great troubleshooting skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience with the following:
o Windows Server versions
o Linux (Red Hat preferred) and UNIX based operating systems
o Server Virtualization – VMWare ESXi
o Ivanti Patch Management
• Knowledge of High Availability and DR solutions
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-critical production environment
• Ability to gather, interpret, document and evaluate server requirements and determine best possible solutions/enhancements as required
• Highly motivated and strong initiative to keep up to date with new technologies, hardware, software products and find ways on how they could benefit the enterprise
• Ability to lift devices weighing up to 50 pounds.
About Konica Minolta
Konica Minolta’s journey started 150 years ago, with a vision to see and do things differently. We innovate for the good of society and the world. The same purpose that kept us moving then, keeps us moving now. Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. is reshaping and revolutionizing the workplace to achieve true connectivity through the Intelligent Connected Workplace. The company guides and supports its clients’ digital transformation through its expansive office technology portfolio, including IT Services (All Covered), intelligent information management, managed print services and industrial and commercial print solutions. Konica Minolta has been included on CRN’s MSP 500 list nine times and The World Technology Awards named the company a finalist in the IT Software category. Konica Minolta has been recognized as the #1 Brand for Customer Loyalty in the MFP Office Copier Market by Brand Keys for sixteen consecutive years, and is proud to be ranked on the Forbes 2021 America’s Best-in-State employers list. The company received Keypoint Intelligence’s BLI 2021 A3 Line of The Year Award and BLI 2021-2023 Most Color Consistent A3 Brand Award for its bizhub i-Series. Konica Minolta, Inc. has been named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for nine consecutive years and has spent six years on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World list. Konica Minolta partners with its clients to give shape to ideas and works to bring value to our society. For more information, please visit us online and follow Konica Minolta on Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.