Writes and maintains coordinate measuring machine (CMM) programs. The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet’s principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writes and maintains CMM programs based on customer or company specifications.
- Assists with in-house training on CMM equipment and software.
- Troubleshoots and contacts outside technical support services for CMM software as needed.
- Verify CMM programs for dimensions, notes and clarity as a first and secondary check.
- Work with other departments to answer questions that may arise on interpreting a part of CMM program.
- Document inspection results and maintain programs to meet regulatory compliance standards.
- May be required to travel.
- Additional duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 3-5 years minimum related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CMM programming certification is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- Working knowledge of inspection techniques.
- Experience and strong extensive knowledge of Zeiss Calypso and PC-Dmis CMM software
- Gage R & R
- Use and knowledge of mechanical measuring instruments (bench layout skills).
- General knowledge of applicable customer specifications and standards.
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected/ Veterans/Disabilities/Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.