Consolidated Precision Products (CPP), an aerospace and defense manufacturing company, has an immediate need for a CNC Programmer to join our team! This is a 1st shift position at our plant in Chittenango, NY. This position is responsible for programming computer numerical control (CNC) machines to produce parts in accordance with detailed engineering drawings, customer and ISO Certifications. Blue-print reading experience is preferred in this position. The CNC Programmer will work with other CNC Machinists to effectively set up, run, program, and trouble shoot new and existing parts and production lots, as well as successfully detect malfunctions in machine operations.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Position starts at $25+
This position performs machine setups and manufactures machined parts and develops programs for computer based numerically (CNC) controlled machine shop equipment to perform standard metal cutting to meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with advanced “shop” mathematical concepts.
- High level of experience of all aspects of machine manufacturing. i.e.: 3, 4, 5 axis machines, material types, tooling, fixtures, fixture design, part holding techniques, and advanced CNC programming.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving and resolution capability.
- Enthusiasm, drive, and work ethic in an ‘on-time’ environment.
- Ability to work with management, others within engineering, purchasing, and shop floor staff to complete estimates, provide feedback to improve processes, and resolve manufacturing issues.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of 3D modeling software.
- Has the ability to create training materials and train shop floor employees.
- Possesses creative thinking skills and is a detail-oriented personality.
- Is able to communicate well to other members of the development team.
- Eliminate waste and elevates productivity using Lean Manufacturing program.
- Participate in the startup of new equipment.
- Ability to cooperate; work effectively and professionally with all levels in the organization, both internal and external customers.
- Adhere to AS9100 and ISO procedures and compliance
- Ensures all equipment controls are accurately defined and maintained.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work flexible hours and demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to work at Chittenango facility.
- Education: High School or GED Diploma required – Associates Degree or Certification in related field preferred.
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience with CNC programming, and operation of CNC machines.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling software and Gcode a must.
- Familiar with Motion Control and Vision.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving: Able to take action in solving problems with exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Experience and skill in troubleshooting control systems.
- Knowledge of GD&T practices
- Experienced in interpretation of technical drawings
- Experience with Coordinate Measurement Machine programming a plus
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision, Employer subsidized 401K, and life insurance. Check us out at www.cppcorp.com to learn more about our products and CPP Corporation.
CPP-Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits, hires, trains, and promotes employees in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or other legally protected status.
CPP-Syracuse, as a supplier of Aerospace and Defense products, is required to comply with U.S. government export control regulations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Consolidated Precision Product adheres to all US Export Administration Regulations
Interviews are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Due to the large volume of resumes we receive, not everyone who applies will be interviewed or considered for a position at CPP-Syracuse. No Phone Call Please.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $30.00 per hour
This is a full time position
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.