At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Cognos DBA and help ensure the mission is never interrupted. At GDIT, we deliver clarity with supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT issues while delivering outstanding customer service.
Ensure the safety and security of our nation as a Cognos DBA can help ensure the mission is never interrupted. At GDIT, we deliver clarity with at GDIT. You'll apply the latest technology and provide operational support to deliver actionable intelligence for the Intelligence Community. Here, your work will have meaning and impact as you deliver your best every day.
HOW BEING A COGNOS DBA WILL MAKE AN IMPACT?
Customer is seeking an experienced Database administrator to join a dynamic and exciting data engineering team. As the team's primary DBA, you will be responsible for the execution of several critically important database tasks in support of an OLAP repo. Resource is expected to have documented experience managing and understanding database best practices and data modeling techniques. Successful candidate will be experienced in data design, enterprise data, reporting, visualization, and overall data architecture concepts. It is highly desired that the candidate have a background with creating and managing complex ETL packages to extract data from various data sources and load into a first-class data warehouse.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
• Experience with database management in support of IBM Cognos Framework Manager, Reports Studio and Query Studio
• Extensive experience with database management systems (Oracle, PostGres, MySQL)
• Familiar with Serverless framework (Lambda, Step Functions)
• Create Data Mapping documents, data dictionaries and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
• Documented experience improving application, schema and data design to meet demanding enterprise data solution.
• Documented background in data warehouse design and dimensional modeling.
• Excellent skills in DB Schema design.
• Documented experience with PL/SQL and SQL programming.
• Knowledge of visualization tools and capable of supporting like (Tableau, PowerBI)
• Experience creating and maintaining data catalogs or data marts.
• Able to support and troubleshoot RDBMS platforms on a Windows environment.
• Experience with Agile practices
Security Clearance Level: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Documented Experience with DevOps/Platforms: Amazon Web Services (S3, RDS, EC2, ECS, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, etc.), Docker, Ansible. Python development experience
Location: Chantilly, VA
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Years of Experience
8 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.