The Data Scientist on the Security Data Science Team is responsible for developing statistical/machine learning models to identify suspicious or malicious behaviors using various data sources (endpoint, network and user/entity data) for the TPS Security organization. Emphasis of this position will be in developing user/entity behavior models to detect compromised identities/credentials/systems.
Responsible for developing statistical/machine learning models to identify suspicious or malicious behaviors in users/entities using internal system logs and entity data with an emphasis on profiling user behavior patterns.
Conduct literature searches on current techniques in threat detection, data mining, machine learning.
Apply statistical, machine learning and big-data techniques to security, specifically in anomaly detection, pattern recognition, behavior-based analysis, and correlation.
Assist in formulating and driving applied research projects from proof-of-concept through implementation
Mentors junior and senior engineers/scientists, provides code reviews.
- Ph.D. or Master’s in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or related quantitative discipline
- 3+ years of experiences as a data scientist
- Demonstrated, extensive experience with designing and executing machine learning models and applications.
- Strong fundamentals in applied statistics and probability
- Experience with using Python (or R) to perform data analysis/mining, and data visualization
- Working experience with manipulating data and ETL in parallel processing and distributed compute environments. Experience in Apache Spark a big plus
Additional Relevant Experience
- Experience in applying statistical, machine learning to security a big plus
- Familiarity of information/network security detection systems/tools, logging systems, network architecture, and threat intelligence a plus
- Experience in AWS environment
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
National Pay Range: $106,493.85 USD-$249,594.95 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.