Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises advanced engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the Company's technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
The Endpoint Security team is looking for a Sr. Engineer to support Endpoint Security solutions including EDR across Comcast Datacenters and public cloud infrastructure. You will be part of a high performing team focused on keeping Comcast safe, secure, and protected.
- Strong experience in Linux Operation Systems
- Strong experience in Python and shell scripting
- Knowledge on Endpoint Security standards and commercial solutions
- Experience with Ansible and pipeline tools like Concourse CI/CD
- Experience with Cloud computing (AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of common security vulnerabilities and vulnerability management practices
- Familiarity with development and programming including Agile development
- Understanding of hardware, embedded software, cloud, and application architectures to communicate technology requirements to related teams
- Ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way
- Familiarity with data security and secure design concepts
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
- Discipline to handle confidential matters with appropriate sensitivity
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working knowledge of issue trackers (Jira, ServiceNow, etc)
- Ability to proactively status issues and accomplishments
- Familiarity with the Threat Model Process
- Good understanding / background of infrastructure concepts and administration (Linux or Windows, DNS, Network, Firewalls and Security)
- Self-motivated, team player who demonstrates initiative and flexibility.
- Self-organized, ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.