As an Engineer in Comcast’s CyberSecurity Workflow Engineering team, you will be responsible for developing features for the Comcast CyberSecurity ServiceNow instance. Apart from building new features and workflows in the CCS SNOW instance, you will also be responsible for helping care for the overall ServiceNow platform from a performance and stability perspective. You’re right for the job if you have a talent for the nuances of the ServiceNow platform and also sharp technical communication, prioritization and organization skills. You should have an understanding of ServiceNow from a user as well as from a platform developer. A typical day on the team might involve coordinating troubleshooting actions on the SNOW platform, building new features and workflows as described in user stories, ingesting and transforming new data sources into the SNOW tables, or solving problems pertaining to the performance of certain workflows.
- Understand ServiceNow platform and existing workflows, with focus on the CyberSecurity Modules
- Building new workflows and modifying existing workflows based on user requirements.
- Performing Platform code reviews from peer engineers
- Understanding the ServiceNow data tables and solving technical efficiencies in the existing workflows.
- Identify potential improvements in the core SNOW platform, network, and / or architecture and find creative solutions to resolve them.
- Build in reliability and availability to the SNOW platform by creating and understanding metrics and measurements around the platform.
- Identify Process gaps and areas for improvement to increase efficiencies in the Development process
- Build and maintain a strong sense of team with the engineers by focusing on teamwork and collaboration.
- 3-4 years in a ServiceNow development role building new features and workflows.
- 1+ years experience with ServiceNow platform operations
- Knowledge with CyberSecurity SNOW Workflows (VR, Config Compliance, IRM) is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or relevant work experience
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- A sense of ownership, initiative, and drive
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
About Our Perks & Benefits
- We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
- Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones – from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services – We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
- Learn more athttps://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits(https://jobs.comcast.com/life-at-comcast/benefits)
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
- Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.