United States, Georgia, Atlanta
How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
This role can sit in Atlanta, GA or Minneapolis, MN
Join Delta IT as we leverage AI within technology to unlock powerful customer experiences and continuously refine airline operations. We are seeking a Engineering Solution Architect / Advisor to be part of a growing technology team.
As Communications Software Engineering Architect Advisory Developer, within the Communications, AI, and Automation portfolio, you will architect and build solutions to enhance the customer experience. Customer Communications connects the dots for operational information throughout the travel-experience for both customers and employee systems.
We’re looking for a technology expert who is self-driven to understand complex challenges, and implement actionable plans to modernize application components into AWS.
What would you do?
Delivering with Quality and Speed:
- Turn operational challenges into competitive advantange for the Delta brand Design and develop amazingly efficient and effective software using Java, C#, Python, .Net, Spring Boot, Microservices, APIs
- Maintain on prem applications and internal PAAS applications, and actively rework these to AWS to achieve maximum benefit
- Determine roadmap, design and implement serverless patterns from containerized applications
- Design, develop and implement architecture patterns that are optimized for SLAs, reliability, and cost
- Look upstream and downstream to see around corners and anticipate future consequences for immediate technical choices
- Think ahead – Lead the technical definition and implementation of data capture for operational analytics and downstream trend analysis
- Contribute to the strategy around which frameworks and technologies are leveraged with each solution, and partner with the foundations teams to approve new design patterns
- Help define appropriate methods to bridge rapid prototypes with highly reliable and scalable enterprise-grade solutions that improve Deltas brand
- Leverage effective artifacts, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Establish and grow a culture of software craftsmanship best practices, including TDD/BDD and Test Automation (both Unit and Integration), Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment as Delta moves into a optimized Cloud Target Operating Model
- Drive performance improvements including monitoring, detailed metrics, problems, trends, and costs, in order to determine solutions, required process changes, etc. that will make functions more efficient
- Shift left on design security standards and compliance with privacy rules and regulations early in the development
- Be relentless – resolve and prevent technical debt
- Actively engage in Agile software development activities, including sprint planning, daily standups, and retrospectives, with an aim to continuously improve
- Keep others informed – Collaborate frequently to share ideas and gain perspective. Communicate critical information in a clear and timely manner, listen to others, and seek clarification to confirm shared understanding
- Initiate and carry-out process improvements – including code reviews and continuous improvement effors
- Create usable documentation/playbook(s) that are reliable and easy to maintain
- Effectively analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs communicate these across the team
- Optimize pace and meet deadlines
- Provide assistance and support other team members where required, including troubleshooting and maintenance of production systems/programs/applications
- Analysis and implementation of Performance/Stability/Reliability initiatives
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- 10+ years of experience with Software Engineering solutions for business or mission critical applications or systems
- 7+ years experience in Java, Full-stack, C#, .NET and/or Python development experience is required
- Experience working with GitHub and/or GitLab, SonarQube, JUnit, Spring Boot
- Skilled in writing, designing unit test cases using TDD and BDD methodologies
- Experience with virtualizing services for test automation using tools such as Wire Mock, Mockito etc.
- Automation-minded: In depth experience designing and writing automated tests for backend applications and data flow, using tools such as Postman, REST Assured, Cypress, Ready API etc.
- Hands on experience of working with continuous integration tools such Jenkins, Circle CI.
- In depth cloud experience (AWS and/or Azure), including taking teams from on-prem to containerized to modernized using serverless design patterns
- Hands on experience in AWS Cloud components and ability to build and maintain cloud data processing systems (i.e. ECS, EKS, S3, Lambda, SQS/SNS, PostgreSQL, Dynamo, Sagemaker, Athena, etc)
- Experience using relational and object databases and web service development standards and practices, including RESTful APIs, micro-services, and services
- Experience working in an agile development environment using workload management tools like Agility
- Expert troubleshooting and deployment experience with strong understanding of transforming business and functional requirements into efficient technical solutions
- Experience with system integrations, optimizing performance and data integrity
- Strong technical and non-technical communication skills. Assures smooth flowing, timely transmission of critical information.
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills; individual should be able to resolve urgent problems in a calm and quick manner and display a high degree of initiative and drive
- Proactive with the ability to leads and be effective in a high stress environment
- Be flexible and embrace challenges that are outside of your comfort zone
- Skilled in presenting to technical and business audiences at all levels
- Experience with business-critical production-grade development, integration and support
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Position open to ATL and MSP offices
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
Bachelor degree preferred
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.