What are some of the benefits and perks of working at MathWorks?
– 401(k) matching
– Quarterly profit-sharing plan
– Tuition reimbursement
– Paid Volunteer Time
– Fitness and Recreation
– Wellness center
– Training and Development
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More: https://www.mathworks.com/company/jobs/resources/hybrid-model.html.
We are seeking a self-motivated individual to join our software engineering team that is responsible for testing our cutting-edge code generation products. Code generation products are used in industries ranging from consumer electronics to aerospace. Our products generate code for multiple target languages (C/C++, Verilog, CUDA) with the click of a single button from MATLAB/Simulink!
Code generation products are optimizing compilers designed to generate efficient and readable code in multiple languages. The job profile for testing an optimizing compiler is different from conventional software testing roles. There is a lot of scope for you to demonstrate creative problem-solving skills. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your software engineering skills and develop novel compiler testing techniques. A prior knowledge of compilers is a plus but not required.
Compiler testing requires developing sophisticated tools for verifying correctness, performance, and other non-functional aspects of our products. For example, we use fuzzing on MATLAB/Simulink to generate large volumes of programs, program minimization techniques such as delta debugging to minimize the fuzzed program size and develop accurate performance profilers for benchmarking generated code. We also track advancements in compiler testing research and apply them in our tools and infrastructure.
Come join our team to make a difference and contribute to the critical code generation technology area for the MathWorks.
MathWorks nurtures growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values teamwork, shares success, and rewards excellence.
- Leverage object-oriented programming concepts to design and develop automated test frameworks
- Develop and apply fuzzing techniques to automatically discover compiler bugs
- Develop automated test suites that verify correctness of the compiled code and optimizations
- Leverage tools like Bullseye code coverage, VTune, Valgrind, and sanitizers to improve the quality of the compiler source code and compiler generated code
- Research and apply innovative compiler testing techniques
- Collaborate with internal clients of code generation technology and help them succeed
- Degree in Engineering (CS, ECE, EE, ME) or related STEM fields is preferred
- Strong understanding of fundamental programming concepts
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming concepts
- Curiosity and enjoyment in figuring out how complicated systems work
- Interest in learning about compilers (Compiler background is not required)
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink
- Experience building software applications/tools to solve problems and automate tasks
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.