Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
bp is reinventing itself and digital capability is at the core of this vision. As a Senior Enterprise Technology Engineer you are a digital expert bringing deep specialist expertise to bp. Enterprise Technology Engineers work on the strategic technology platforms we exploit from the market, or come with deep skills in the implementation and integration of market solutions into our overall technology landscape. You will bring a broad base of Digital technical knowledge and a strong understanding of software delivery principles. You will be familiar with lifecycle methods, with Agile delivery and the DevOps approach at the core. You will be skilled in the application of approaches such as Site Reliability Engineering in the delivery and operation of the technologies you deliver, working as part of multi disciplinary squads.
bp operates a discipline based organization and Senior Enterprise Technology Engineers may be deployed to work in different areas of our business over time based your skills and experience and the business adoption of technology. With your technology specialist skills you will bring transferable skills which will allow you to support immediate business demand, and to grow your skills over time.
You thrive in a culture of continuous improvement within teams, encouraging and empowering innovation and the delivery of changes that optimise operational efficiency and user experience. You are curious and improve your skills through continuous learning of new technologies, trends & methods, applying knowledge gained to improve bp standards and the capabilities of the Engineering Community. You coach others in the Discipline to drive improved performance across our business.
You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world. You are an effective teammate, looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, while understanding cultural differences. You continually enhance your self-awareness and seek guidance from others on your impact and effectiveness. Well organized, you balance proactive and reactive approaches and multiple priorities to complete tasks on time. You apply judgment and common sense – you use insight and good judgment to inform actions and respond to situations as they arise.
This role is a member of the trading & shipping, innovation & engineering, trade compliance team.
- The safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. The role will advocate and lead in this and promote a culture of security and safety in everything that we do.
- Work as part of evolving multi disciplinary teams which may include Software Engineers, Enterprise Technology Engineers, Designers, SecOps, and Product owners to deliver value through the application of specialist skills
- Work with vendors and partners providing market solutions to optimize the usage and value which can be delivered from the appropriate technology platform
- Ensure operational integrity of what you build, assuring operational compliance with architectural and security standards, as well as compliance and policy controls refined by Strategy.
- Mentor others and become a conduit to connect the broader organization.
- Define and document standard run books and operating procedures. Create and maintain system information and architecture diagrams.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, engineering, information systems or a numerate degree
- 6+ years’ experience in IT industry with broad experience designing, planning, implementing, maintaining, and documenting solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience working on applications in the energy trading domain.
- Experience delivering compliance monitoring applications on a .NET platform, with a deep understanding of the underlying algorithms used to identify potential market manipulation.
- At least 5 years of experience in the trading or financial division by analysing, implementing and supporting regulatory and compliance solutions.
- Experience in order/ trade life cycle, understanding business transaction flow and transaction data
- Experience working on at least one globally traded market, preferably commodities derivatives.
- Experience developing integrations with industry standard data providers and energy exchanges using the standard integration patterns for trade data.
- Experience running serverless systems in the AWS cloud.
- Delivery experience using Agile/Scrum and associated tools.
- Experience working with geographically remote business partners and teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to talk at different levels across the organization.
- Ability to engage and influence and able to decompose technical considerations that everyone can understand is key.
- Continuous learning and improvement mentality (for themselves and others) and be able to work autonomously.
- Demonstrable Knowledge in the application of modern Service Delivery methods – Site Reliability Engineering to traditional ITIL, and understanding of Product Based delivery.
- Strong Communications skills and a high ‘EQ’ with the ability to operate across complex business environments and collaborators up to senior executive level.
- Broader development experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C/C++)
- Project Management experience delivering IT led projects
- Broad experience contributing and collaborating to assist design, plan, implement, maintain, and document services and solutions
Why join us
- At bp, we support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and exciting environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
- There are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, and excellent retirement benefits, among others!
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Negligible travel should be expected with this role
This role is eligible for relocation within country
This position is a hybrid of office/remote working
Business Acumen, Commercial acumen, Communication, Data Analysis, Data cleansing and transformation, Data domain knowledge, Data Integration, Data Management, Data Manipulation, Data Sourcing, Data strategy and governance, Data Structures and Algorithms, Data visualization and interpretation, Digital Security, Extract, transform and load, Problem Solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity/neurocognitive functioning, veteran status or disability status. Individuals with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation related to bp’s recruiting process (e.g., accessing the job application, completing required assessments, participating in telephone screenings or interviews, etc.). If you would like to request an accommodation related to the recruitment process, please contact us to request accommodations.
If you are selected for a position and depending upon your role, your employment may be contingent upon adherence to local policy. This may include pre-placement drug screening, medical review of physical fitness for the role, and background checks.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.