At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable practices. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Employees enjoy career enrichment opportunities available through mobility and development and experience rewarding relationships with supportive supervisors and talented colleagues and customers. Your most important work is ahead.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is looking to fill a Network Engineer position within the Analysis Solutions Division (ASD) to support the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). The Network Engineer support the planning, coordination, and execution of major computer network initiatives. The work location is in Bethesda at the Intelligence Community Campus.
- Devise solutions to complex operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new computer network equipment and technologies.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management, software and hardware equipment to troubleshoot and isolate problems, gauge network performance, and trace data and protocol activity.
- Perform these functions across a wide range of network facilities including physical media, protocol stacks, hubs, routers, bridges, gateways, digital servers, line drivers, telecommunications transport facilities, NCP and related software/hardware, and network management components.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of relevant experience, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining multi-network transport.
- Experience configuring and deploying Cisco series LAN/WAN switches, routers, firewalls, optical networks, and Intrusion Prevention/Intrusion Detection devices.
- Network and troubleshooting experience with network protocols: VoIP, ATM, SONET, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, QOS, MP-BGP, OSPF, VPLS, GRE and L2/L3 multicast.
- Experience supervising others
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP along with an appropriate computing environment (CE) certification)
- Active Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA),
- TS/SCI with CI Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to obtain a poly.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
Any of the following certifications:
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional, Brocade Certified Network Engineer (BCNE), Network+, Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $130,000.00 – $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.