Leidos Civil Group has an immediate opening for a Network Operations (NetOps) Engineer to join our Enterprise IT Modernization team in support of the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP) Central Operations (NCO) Network Infrastructure Services Contract. NCO is an office under the National Weather Service (NWS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
In this role, you will provide engineering support to the NCEP customer on their network infrastructure, including operations and maintenance (O&M) of networking services, equipment, and software. These network support services require operating within a Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) High Impact System, per Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) publication 199. The NCO networks are maintained in accordance with all Federal guidelines related to FISMA domains. You will solve the customer’s most demanding challenges thru innovation, technology modernization, and transformation processes, using proven industry methods and vendor solutions. The Network Engineer will support network operations support inclusive of installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, optimization, patching, security hardening, troubleshooting, recovery, and decommissioning to the existing network infrastructure equipment and circuits.
- Coordinates network administration, design and configuration and performance requirements with other members of the networking team.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions, including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Research applicable standards and requirements documents to assure network compliance.
- Plans for and provides reasonable responsiveness in terms of network performance (e.g., availability, reliability, throughput).
- Prepares activity and progress reports for the Government regarding network performance initiatives.
- Troubleshoot Network problems and resolve as appropriate.
- Maintain and configure local area networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Bachelor’s degree in technical disciplines with 12+ years of experience related to IT and/or systems engineering. Additional years of relevant experience, training, and/or professional certifications will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) in Routing and Switching
- Must have at least three (3) years hands-on experience managing Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Must have hands-on experience with Juniper networks
- Must have knowledge of security best practices in designing and implementing complex networks.
- Must have at least 3 years hands-on experience working with Juniper and Cisco network firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Shall have a verifiable history of designing and implementing multi-VRF (Virtual Routing and Forwarding) large-scale networks with points of presence in geographically separate data centers.
- Must have network and firewall engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Cisco, Juniper, Dell, Fortinet, and/or Palo Alto
- Strong knowledge of the OSI 7-layer model
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and common application layer protocols
- Well-versed in isolating and performing root-cause analysis to determine infrastructure design improvements and enhancements, software bugs and documenting necessary workarounds.
- Ability to work and brief customers to include senior management
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment
- Ability and drive to quickly learn new network and IT concepts
- Must be able to provide technical leadership and consultation in the areas of enterprise network operations and best practices, enterprise routing, network systems programming and configuration, enterprise network security and best practices, network system integration, and/or enterprise network management OR the analysis, development, and operational support of highly complex technologies affecting multiple networking infrastructure areas. Performs a variety of tasks; Leads and directs the work of others.
- Must be U.S. citizen or legal permanent U.S. resident.
- Must be able to pass a background check and qualify for a Federal Position of Trust.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills are mandatory.
- Security Certifications (CISSP a plus)
- Other IT certifications (cloud, Microsoft)
- ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL
- Experience having worked successful partnerships with suppliers and vendors.
- Expertise in use of SDN technologies to automate network provisioning and increase redundancy
- Ability to apply MBSE for network design, engineering, virtual lab testing and AoA simulations
- Architect and transition large scale IP services for an enterprise.
- Skill in independently making configuration updates to ensure system availability requirements
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and demonstrates poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure and high-stress situations
- Understanding of accepted security practices, troubleshooting issues, attack vectors and customer supportMust have or be able to obtain the CompTIA security+ or equivalent certification within 6 months of hire and maintain throughout employment.
- Prior federal contracting experience.
- Familiarity with these technologies:
- Analog Telecommunications (POTS Lines)
- Audio Encoding over IP
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP)
- Cisco Command line
- Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Cisco Aggregation Services Routers (ASR)
- Cisco Catalyst
- Cisco Firewall Management Center (FMC) Management
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense (FTD)
- Cisco Optical Networking Services (ONS)
- Cisco Nexus
- Coding Language to Script Automation (Such as Python)
- Command line and GUI experience with network firewalls, switches, and routers
- Data Center Cabling
- Dark Fiber
- Diagramming applications (such as Visio)
- Enterprise Routing/Switching
- Firewall Management
- Juniper Command Line
- Juniper Technologies
- LAN Architecture
- LTE Routing Technology
- Network Architecture & Design
- Network Monitoring
- Network Operations
- Network Security
- Network Troubleshooting
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) protocol
- Out of Band Management
- Satellite Modulation/Demodulation
- Technical Communication
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP) Technologies
- Wide Area Network (WAN) Routing and Architecture
- Wireless Networking
- College Park, Maryland
- Boulder, Colorado
- May be remote
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.