– Capacity Building
– Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children Research and Evaluation Program
– Criminal Justice
– DATA Waiver Processing and Support
– Development Services Group Announces its Change to Woman-Owned Status
– DSG to Study Aid Programs’ Effects on College Enrollment and Postsecondary Success
– Health & Wellness
– Juvenile Justice
– Management Consulting Projects
– Minority Health
– National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices
– NIJ Final Reports
– NIJ Gang Offenders
– NIJ Sex Offenders
– OJJDP TA to End Racial and Ethnic Disparities in the Juvenile Justice System
– Performance Measurement
– Prevention of Prescription Drug Abuse in the Workplace
– Reviews, Reporting, Dissemination, and Development (R2D2)
– SAMHSA DATA Waiver
– Training & Technical Assistance
– Violence Prevention
– Web Site Development
– Websites & Applications
– Management Consulting
– Contract Vehicles
– Contact Us
Work With Us
DSG is committed to conducting science in the service of people and to improving the lives of children, youth, and families nationwide. We operationalize this philosophy by using our social science, research, program, and technical knowledge and expertise to support the operations of the government and nongovernmental agencies we serve. If you are seeking to join a thinking organization with exceptional colleagues, in a firm dedicated to the spirit of service, DSG offers an excellent environment for your aspirations and experience.
There’s room to develop at DSG, where action leads to impact and impact leads to growth. Below are current openings at the firm.
(CP13) Computer Programmer
Development Services Group (DSG) Inc. provides quality, business-aligned technology solutions to help the clients grow and prosper in an ever-evolving marketplace.
From software application and product development, to application management, to systems and technology integration services, Development Services Group (DSG), Inc. helps the clients respond to new challenges and opportunities with proven, practical strategy. Our flexible approaches are driven by our core principles: We value lasting relationships that foster mutual success, and are committed to empowering our clients through innovation and integrity.
We are currently seeking a Computer Programmer to join our small team in Bethesda, MD.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
– Knowledge of the SQL syntax
– Knowledge of the Microsoft SQL Server platform, including SSRS, and SSIS, Object oriented programming experience (C#, .NET, ******* etc. is desired)
– Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills, with an emphasis on root cause analysis
– Ability to master the design and development of financial and operational reports
– Requires experience with MS Office tools, including Visio
– Understanding of the change management process
– Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
– Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs computer systems to process data.
– Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
– Codes applications and tests to software requirements.
– Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements, and reliability characteristics.
– Writes or updates software specifications.
– Creates custom solutions for customer based on provided or defined specifications.
– Prepares and updates documentation for new or existing systems.
– Troubleshoots and provides technical support and solutions to users.
– Monitors system effectiveness in satisfying user needs.
– Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
– Participates in special projects as required.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
– Self-directed and proactive; thinks beyond the immediate problem.
– Flexibility, ability to change priorities quickly, and capacity to handle multiple tasks.
– Implement standards and practices to ensure the highest degree of software quality.
– Ability to work directly with both internal and external resources to insure timely completion of assigned deliverables
– Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
– Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
(DW16) SAMHSA DATAWaiver Project Director
Development Services Group, Inc. (DSG), a national research firm specializing in health, behavioral health, substance abuse prevention, and juvenile justice, is seeking a Project Director for its Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT) contract with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The Project Director will assume supervisory responsibility for all aspects of a SAMHSA/Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT) project, which uses a customized software application to process over 3,000 new waivers and over 1,500 increase waivers for physicians who wish to prescribe buprenorphine. In addition, this individual will be responsible for managing a small call-center team, handling client requests, moderating a Web bulletin board, providing training to staff, and ensuring a high degree of quality assurance for all deliverables. Interested candidates must possess substantive knowledge in substance abuse treatment, and experience in performing a range of managerial functions for large contracts with complex activities. Candidates must demonstrate a history of effective leadership in the successful and timely delivery of products and services. Responsibilities also include
– Development of project plans, including strategies to accomplish tasks, resource allocation, timelines and milestones, and contingency planning.
– Assuming day-to-day responsibility for ensuring that all aspects of the project are completed on time and within budget, and that all deliverables are of the highest quality.
– Working to streamline and improve processes and ensure that software adheres to business requirements.
– Working with software developers to implement business rules to enhance software functionality, reporting requirements, and increase efficiency.
– Acting as a client advisor, demonstrating deep knowledge of substance abuse issues, particularly relating to buprenorphine.
Candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years of project management experience, including project documentation, contract management, and reporting. They should have experience in a heavily client-facing role, demonstrating excellent leadership, a detail-oriented management style, and strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholders. Candidates must also provide examples in which they have shown a willingness to think innovatively and creatively to provide client solutions.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email your rsum and a recent relevant writing sample to DSG’s HR Department at ****************. Please include job code in the subject line of your email.
Copyright 2015 Development Services Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
7315 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 800 East Bethesda, MD 20814 (P) ************ (F) ************
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.