Construction Project Manager
What Will You Do:
Working under general supervision and in conjunction with Market team and Area Operations Management; the Construction Project Manager is responsible for managing a safe and clean worksite; Ensuring project timelines are met; Scope changes are quickly and properly documented; as well as Developing and maintaining Customer and Subcontractor relationships.
In this role, you will be instrumental in the successful completion of assigned projects. The following metrics define this responsibility:
* Projected monthly Revenue variance
* Executed Gross Margin (Slippage)
* Project cash flow
* Timely Project completion
* Customer Satisfaction level
How will you do it:
1. Engage in the sales support activities in the early audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
2. Drive the project scheduling and construction management of assigned projects.
3. Ensure that assigned projects are done accurately, on-time, billed, within budget and within scope of the contract. Maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow for assigned projects.
4. Understand project scope and customer expectations. Utilize resource planning techniques to gain high productivity from team members.
5. Plan, schedule and control project activities. Broad knowledge of commercial/contractual complexity/deal structure/financial acumen/supply chain.
6. Participate in the Area Financial Monthly Project Backlog reviews, as needed.
7. Develop and adhere to a Project Execution Plan for each assigned project.
8. Establish customer touch points throughout the life cycle of projects to gain feedback on customer satisfaction. Provide leadership by demonstrating focus on exceeding customers’ expectations.
9. Effectively communicate the status of assigned projects to Market Team and Area Operations Manager as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, costs, and gross margin for the PC execution.
10. Foster and maintain good working relationships with subcontractors.
11. Foster and maintain good working relationships with JCI internal Systems, Service and Lighting partners.
12. Ensure compliance with provincial and federal legal requirements.
13. Ensure business is conducted with the highest ethical standards.
14. Champion and drive the Safety Program for employees and subcontractors at all levels.
What we look for:
5 -10 yrs of construction management experience with Medium to Large Projects ($4 to $20M).
PMP and / or LEED certification, preferred.
Degree in Project/Construction Management, an asset.
High level knowledge of commercial/contractual complexity, deal structure/financial acumen, disciplines of supply chain, communication skills, C-level relationships.
Demonstrates the ability to persuade, negotiate, and influence others.
Ability to travel to construction site locations within the market.
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.