Responsible for the management of retail roll out projects or programs for assigned Region or business. Responsibilities will include developing teams, identifying risks and issues, and reporting on status to department leadership and other stakeholders. Role will be responsible for all aspects of designated projects or programs, including control of scope, end to end schedule and budget. Also responsible for directing actions of external consultants conducting support of programs at the store level.
– Leads either multi-location store retail projects or programs, such as fixture installations, content additions, and site upgrades – or – leads similarly scoped systems and software related projects. Understands implications of choices and is able to guide clients to the best solution for their situation.
– Manages communications to ensure all key stakeholders are kept connected to project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
– Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies. Defines ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Is the key person responsible for communication on project or program health to owners.
– Coordinates internal and external stakeholders project or program plan including its development, execution, quality control, and lessons learned activities. Reviews high-level deliverables across program/project management function and ensures project work plans are appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
– Hires and manages external general contractors and fixture installation vendors. Develops, implements, and maintains sound project administration practices/procedures to minimize customer and business impact during work. Maintains safe and high quality construction practices and looks for and implements continuous improvement practices for future projects or programs.
– Manages project or program budgets and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for individual team budgets. Delivers project or project close outs in a timely fashion.
– Ensures exposure to risk is minimized on all projects or programs. Leads the program team to effectively manage changes with the execution team.
– Develops, implements, reviews, oversees and ensures methodology and project standards.
– Ensures project managers are utilizing communication tools, such as online project management, to keep stakeholders up to date, and provide visibility to program health. Assist in the development of tracking tools necessary to meet the changing needs of the programs.
– Directs the activities of internal and external project managers executing programs in the field.
– Oversees multiple external consultants working on client engagements within area. Ensures team members are well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within company. Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes *************. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: US*5124_******
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Walgreens is one of the largest drugstore chains in the U.S., with more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In December 2014, Walgreens completed its strategic combination with Alliance Boots to establish Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., forging the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. The combination brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services through community pharmacy care and pharmaceutical wholesaling. Both companies have more than a century’s worth of experience in customer and patient care. Walgreens is today part of the Retail Pharmacy USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance. Contact Info
– Deerfield, IL 60015
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.