Computer Information Systems Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00735
Location: Los Medanos College
Salary: $59,112 – 99,876 per year
Description of Position:
Los Medanos College is seeking a Computer Information Systems Assistant Professor position to teach at the Pittsburg campus.
For questions, please contact Eileen Valenzuela in the Office of Instruction via email email@example.com.
The college is closed for semester break from December 22, 2020 through January 3, 2021. Inquires during this period will be answered after the college reopens on January 4, 2021.
Position Status: Tenure- Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Department: L6007-Computer Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
Understanding of and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff and faculty.
Any bachelor’s degree or higher and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
1. Ability to develop and maintain community and industry contacts in order to develop the advisory board, internship programs, and pathways.
2. Hold one or more industry or government recognized certifications in cybersecurity.
3. Ability to develop and maintain community and industry contacts in cybersecurity and other programs.
4. Ability to lead (as a department chair and faculty member) with a willingness to support department and program operations and improvement through collaborative assessment of student learning, curriculum development, industry engagement, and the pursuit of industry relevant certifications.
5. Ability and willingness to integrate new technology (hardware, software, distance learning, etc.) into the curriculum.
Job Open Date: 12/17/2020
Job Close Date: 2/25/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Fall 2021
# of Months: 12
To apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2106668
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.