Contract System Administrator – Windows
– Job ID #: 13588
– Job Category: Information Technology
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: Administration
– Department: Information Technology
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.Job Description
Arm is the world’s leading semiconductor intellectual property (IP) supplier and as such is at the heart of the development of digital electronic products. Arm’s ecosystem includes many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
The Infrastructure Platforms team works closely with their internal customers and key stakeholders, to prioritize, plan, and execute a number of strategic projects as well as providing operations support for the global infrastructure.
What will I be accountable for?
A highly-motivated IT professional is required to provide Windows, Azure, & VMWare support for arm’s global infrastructure. Working alongside fellow team members and others within the IT technical teams to deliver against key responsibilities and ensure the continued availability and development of the Windows-based services.
You will need to develop a keen understanding of the Arm IT infrastructure and Arm customers to:
– Provide day-to-day support of Arm’s Windows, Azure, and VMWare environment.
– Ensure that appropriate system monitoring is implemented and supported globally.
– Provide guidance and support on advancing legacy infrastructure towards current versions.
– Gather global utilization metrics and report on current capacity and trends.
– Support the adoption and roll-out of key ITIL standard methodologies.
– Provide and add to the IT business continuity process and ensure that regular recovery tests are performed.
– Provide communications to Arm’s user base for both reactive and proactive system outages.#LI-JS1
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Education & Qualifications
– Relevant technical accreditation or successful completion of vendor certified training (Microsoft, VMware).
– ITIL certification to at least foundation level.
– This is a 6 month contract
Essential Experience and Skills:
– Demonstrable skills in all aspects of Windows 2008 (and forward) & Exchange 2010 (and forward) servers including configuration, patching and in depth troubleshooting.
– Good knowledge of VMware / ESXi with hands-on experience including, server consolidation, command line usage, backup and restore technologies.
– Previous experience supporting and managing server hardware from one or more of the following vendors: HP, IBM, Dell.
– Good skills in PowerShell.
– Experience handling multi-domain AD forests, group policy.
– Good knowledge of the following Application Servers: DFS, DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, WDS or WSUS.
– Excellent customer service attitude, written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
– Excellent team working skills.
– Capacity to work under stress.
– Highly motivated to learn.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
– Experience managing Office 365 and associated applications.
– Appliance based Load balancing management experience.
– Previous experience handling systems for a highly mobile user base.
– Experience in supporting, identifying and solving problems in a mixed environment issues (Linux,UNIX, NFS).
– Previous exposure to the Jira project tracking tool.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
– Delivery of results: You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
– Partner/customer focus: Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
– Creativity/innovation: Possessing curiosity and a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
– Collaboration/communication: Your ability to craft relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
– Personal impact/influence: You listen to multiply perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
– Team/personal development: You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same#LI-JS1
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ******************** About Arm
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.