Contract Technical Support Engineer (Cloud & Identity)
– Job ID #: 13543
– Job Category: Information Technology
– Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
– Division: Administration
– Department: Information Technology
– Primary Country: USA
– Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.Job Description
The IT Service Operations team at Arm provides IT support to the business for a wide variety of technologies and services, this includes Enterprise Platforms Services that looks after the platforms within Arm.
The purpose of this systems administrator contract role is to work as part of the Enterprise Platforms Services team, with the focus of this role to operationally support the Cloud & Identity services and to fulfill the project demands when needed.
What will I be accountable for?
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager Enterprise Platforms Services and working globally with the Enterprise Platforms Services team, this role is responsible for the following activities and others which may arise through the development of the role:
Support and Develop
– Work closely with the Technical Manager Enterprise Platforms Services with all aspects of the Identity services
– Primary technology focus will be around supporting Microsoft Identity services and identity life-cycle
– On a day-to-day basis follow the ITIL processes including; Incident, Change, Problem, Request and Knowledge.
– Engage with project teams to ensure project demand is fulfilled in a timely fashion
– Raise and work with third partiesvendors on any tickets as required
– Keeping up-to-date with identity service changes
– Notify the service desk with any disruption to service that is third party or vendor related that will affect end-users
– Keep up-to-date with the technical strategy and future road-map for existing IT services and upcoming
– Follow policy and provide technical advice on the service to ensure practices are applied correctly
– Identify own development needs and request training where applicableBusiness unit description
Cloud consists of evergreen services (services comprised of components that are always kept up to date by the provider) that is provided by external vendors. Vendor relationships are important to ensure that any service changes or disruption to service is communicated to the rest of the business. As Arm IT consumes more cloud based services either through new services or migration of current services, the closer the relationship with vendors will become and SLA’s and process will increasingly become more pertinent and essential. Microsoft Cloud offering of Office365 and Azure plays a huge part in this as well as AWS. Cloud services is seen as the utility of the future for providing IT services to businesses and customers.
Identity life-cycle plays a critical part of Arm IT’s services, this consists of the directory services, directory synchronization services, authentication services and management tools for these. Arm IT has a large variety of all of these to fulfill the Linux, Windows and Cloud identity requirements. Hybrid Identity is essential to Arm IT to ensure every user has a single identity that works across all platforms.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
– Minimum 5 years of experience working in an IT infrastructure (2nd/3rd line) capacity
– ITIL certification to the foundation level.
– Microsoft certified or successfully completed official Microsoft training for specialist technologies for Identity required.
– Experience in supporting any identity based technical services, in particular Microsoft directory services, Microsoft Identity life-cycle and authentication services for MFA and SSO (SAML, OAuth, WS-Fed, WS-Trust etc.).
– Experience with handling Identity services using PowerShell where applicable
– Experience in working closely with outside parties and vendors for support
– Experience in documenting; processes, procedures and system documentation
– This is a 6 month contract.Technical skills
– Support and handle Active Directory, surrounding services and thorough working knowledge of; Domain Controllers, FSMO Roles, Kerberos, Group Policy, FRS, DNS, DFS, KMS, NTP, PKI, DHCP, Clustering, IIS, RADIUS, ADLDS, WSUS, AGPM, DSC and more.
– Support cloud identity services includes; Azure Active Directory (AAD), Azure B2B and B2C. Also any Identity services available in AWS.
– Support internal identity services including; Active Directory, Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services, Microsoft RADIUS and more.
– Support identity synchronization services including; Forefront Identity Manger or Microsoft Identity Manager and Azure AD Connect.
– Support all the above using automation with PowerShell.Desirable Skills & Experience
– Experience of ITIL processes including incident, change, problem, knowledge and request
– Experience with Oracle Directory Services
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed in the recruitment process:
– Delivery of results: You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
– Partner/customer focus: Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve positive outcome.
– Creativity/innovation: Possessing curiosity and a real passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
– Collaboration/communication: Your ability to craft relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
– Personal impact/influence: You listen to multiply perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully craft your work to deliver truly impactful results.
– Team/personal development: You take time to drive your own development, while also supporting team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
– Annual Bonus Plan
– Discretionary Cash Awards
– 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
– Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
– Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD & D)
– Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
– Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
– Holidays, 13 days per year
– Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
– Sick Leave, 7 days per year
– Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
– Office location dependent: caf on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
– Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to ******************** About Arm
Arm technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm’s success in the global marketplace.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.