Since 1957, LPI Corporation has manufactured products for jet engines, aircraft components, and other aerospace & defense applications. Our reputation for quality, service, and dependability has permitted us to serve many of the world's leading aerospace & defense original equipment manufacturers.
The CMM Programmer provides CMM programming, CMM operation and support for documentation of quality, inspection, production and improving processes on complex aerospace products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Developing CMM programs in PC-DMIS.
* Assisting Engineering and Operations with development of CMM-centered inspection plans.
* Using prior experience in layout, quality and precise dimensional inspection to create accurate programs/measurement of aerospace parts.
* Programming and using CMM to perform First Article Inspection of assigned components/parts.
* Working with minimal supervision in a team environment.
* Performing other duties, as required.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* College Degree Preferred.
* At least 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
* Proficiency with PC-DMIS is required.
* Experience with Hexagon/B&S CMMs is required.
* Experience with 3D scanners.
* Experience with Solidworks.
* Familiarity with MM4 is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
* Language: Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
* Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to work in both a team environment and independently.
* Organizational Skills: Must have excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail required.
* Reasoning Abilities: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
* Special Skills and Abilities: Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear; and frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. May occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Frequent bending, twisting, and lifting of 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position will work primarily in an office environment with low noise level, but may have some exposure to the manufacturing floor which has mid to high noise level with exposure to manufacturing machinery / equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.